Biggest waste of money

Yorkie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

Ferguson followed by Barton.

The others you could understand why the club might have seen potential.

It was common knowledge Ferguson was always injured, and that Barton was a fruitloop.

nah, ferguson scored some great goals when he was fit, his goal against man utd still one of the best i've seen

Ferguson bagged a few goals and at least put himself about. Luque didn't even look like a footballer. That goal v the Mackems was absolute comedy the way he bundled it from the centre circle.

Ferguson followed by Barton.

The others you could understand why the club might have seen potential.

It was common knowledge Ferguson was always injured, and that Barton was a fruitloop.

Aye, nobody knew about Owen's injury problems. :lol: ;)

Him and Shearer had a great spell the season we got beat off Chelsea in the semi final. Just a shame injuries meant they didn't play together more.

What did Owen cost us in total? £35m plus was it?

Over £32m in transfer fee and wages alone. And that's only based on £80k per week.

Edit: forgot about the FA claim Mowen, good point. Still miles more than Luque cost though.

Guest Roger Kint

I think Maric was £5.5million. I remember a game v Derby and Shearer virtually shoved him out the way to grab a tap in.

£3.65m on .com and we got £2m back

Owen for me

What did Owen cost us in total? £35m plus was it?

Over £32m in transfer fee and wages alone. And that's only based on £80k per week.

Edit: forgot about the FA claim Mowen, good point. Still miles more than Luque cost though.

He wasn't useless his whole time here though. We might as well have set fire to the money we spent on Luque for all the good it did us, fucking garbage. I hate my namesake as much as anyone but Alberto still has to win for me.

Luque never, IMO, got a proper chance. Was never given a decent run in the team. Sure, he did fuck all. But it's hard to do anything when you're in the reserves.

Owen gets this one for me. Spent 95% of his time injured or shit, cost us tens of millions, left for nothing and we ended up relegated (Count that into the cost as well? :lol: ).

£17m plus £3m could have landed us Torres.

Wouldn't have joined us even when we were in the Champions League tbf, even before leaving Atletico he was wearing Liverpool sweatbands and made it pretty clear he would only leave Madrid for them.

At least we got goals though from Owen. Luque contributed literally next to nothing.

Not when we really needed them.

Apart from that whole avoiding relegation under Keegan period. But we'll ignore that.

Luque never, IMO, got a proper chance. Was never given a decent run in the team. Sure, he did fuck all. But it's hard to do anything when you're in the reserves.

Owen gets this one for me. Spent 95% of his time injured or shit, cost us tens of millions, left for nothing and we ended up relegated (Count that into the cost as well? :lol: ).

Also with Owen: the constant 'will he or won't he play for England' shite, his clear desire to prioritise England over his employers and the speculation about him moving on each and every single bloody transfer window.  Much of this shite was exacerbated by his general attitude and he was way more hassle than he was worth.

Does that make him biggest waste of money though?  I'm stuck just listing reasons why I hate him.