Newcastle United 2 - 0 Watford - 05/12/09 - post match reaction from page 19

Dave

its a joke that man

At Sheff Utd we were late getting there, got in just as the game kicked off, went to find our seats, but 'cos everyone was standing, there wasn't enough room.  Still, we stayed there but some woman complained she couldn't see, so we wriggled back out and stood on the steps.  Got all kinds of shit from the steward, were moved around half a dozen times but we didn't care.  Mid-way through the second half my mate clocked her SITTING DOWN while everyone else was standing, not even that arsed about the game.  Some people just moan for the hell of it.  On the flipside, at the Swansea game I think everyone in the Leazes middle stood when we had those few corners in stoppage time, and stayed standing, no-one twisted on then.

Level 7 is the place to be on home games, it's a well known fact these days.

i would agree, been there a few times this season, its the best atmoshere ive been in at SJP for a good few years.

nobody dares to complain about standing or singing up there. :lol:

I'm not allowed to stand up when we score either. Miserable bastards behind me tuck themselves into their seats at about 2:35, and stay snug and comfy till the end of the game, without moving a muscle. Frustrating.

What?! Where the fuck is this? Just so I never sit there. :lol:

Lower tier of the Gallowgate; to the left hand side of the goal if you're looking straight at it. I sit infront of the 'adidas' banner (typething), infact. But aye; two miserable old goats behind who just can't be arsed to move. Fortunately the lass next to me is about 4'11 so she doesn't wind them up as much.

enjoyed the game but this woman behind me told me off for standing up for about 4 seconds. i was sat down pretty much 99% of the game, but one moment 50 odd mins in when Harewood was making a decent run toward Watford's 18 yard box, i stood up out of nothing more than instinct and excitement.

She literally pushed me on the back and told me not to stand up if the guy in front of me wasn't. f'ing ridiculous. I wouldn't expect to be stood up the whole game, but for 4 seconds? It dissapoints me how the atmosphere can sometimes be better in a pub than at the ground...

To be fair, you shouldn't really get excited when Harewood does a decent run, you know what the likely outcome is

Like fk would I not stand, we have people in wheelchairs behind us, if they ask nice fair enough but when they just shout and ball they just get a look and told to fk off, I will then sit but on top of the seat, as in do not flip the arse bit down just leave it up and sit on it, will ache after a while but fk tnem am sitting.

Mind, saying that, i sit behind some chaps in wheelchairs and whatnot. One of the wheelchair-bound blokes just got up and trotted over to the barriers infront of him to get a better look at a corner at the far end. Turned around when it was wasted, hands in pockets, shook his head then sat down again. Was funny.

Mind, saying that, i sit behind some chaps in wheelchairs and whatnot. One of the wheelchair-bound blokes just got up and trotted over to the barriers infront of him to get a better look at a corner at the far end. Turned around when it was wasted, hands in pockets, shook his head then sat down again. Was funny.

Best one I seen was a one legged dude on one of those mobility scooters, pissed up twat he is,  lept up off the scooter hopped to the barrier and screamed and balled then hopped back.

We were creased, he was drubk drove out beeping the horn swearing at everyone.

There used to be a bloke who brought some lad that was so badly disabled he had no interest in the game, no idea where he was probably but he was his carer and used him for cheap tickets, he used go on like a right cunt all the time, if anyone stood up he would go nutts, even if the ball was out of play..

east stand is dreadful, never any singing and bunch of miserable fuckers there!

in 10 years time they are going top replace the seats in the east stand with these.

http://www.beaucaremedical.co.uk/product_images/large/ake8mplyviow.jpg

A few games ago i saw a guy who sat right in the middle of the Leazes Corner with his wife/girlfriend, where everybody stands but despite this he tried to get the front 5 rows in front of him to sit down. 

He wasn't too successful mind and didn't show for the 2nd half.

Guest The_Scoreboard

I went to see watford at vicarage road against us and the mackems in '92. they were shit then but they beat the smb's 1-0 iirc and drew against us ( i was late getting in and walked in to see them score  :angry:) - well done :clap: as has been said before, if opposing players were better at finishing than us they might have won a few times but they aren't.

I've recently started sitting in Row F in leazes corner, no one stood in front of me or my son because of concrete wall  and we stand for the full 90 mins and no-one behind complains because they are standing too O0 whats the regulations nowadays, werent man u gonna get penalised for their fans standing during the game couple of seasons back???

It's against ground regulations to stand for any prolonged period of time whilst the ball is in play. Stewards have to be seen to be trying to get people to sit so often they do particularly when in the Premier League due to the publicity. They kept trying last year but failed miserably and now we're in The Championship they don't seem arsed.

Standing and singing at football matches to me is the norm, and I cannot understand why anyone would logically want to remove this aspect from the footballing experience.

Guest toonlass

I went to see watford at vicarage road against us and the mackems in '92. they were shit then but they beat the smb's 1-0 iirc and drew against us ( i was late getting in and walked in to see them score  :angry:) - well done :clap: as has been said before, if opposing players were better at finishing than us they might have won a few times but they aren't.

I've recently started sitting in Row F in leazes corner, no one stood in front of me or my son because of concrete wall  and we stand for the full 90 mins and no-one behind complains because they are standing too O0 whats the regulations nowadays, werent man u gonna get penalised for their fans standing during the game couple of seasons back???

Think you might stand a couple of rows infront of me. Was a woman trying to tell you that you were in her seat on saturday, when she was miles from where she should have been?

Guest The_Scoreboard

I went to see watford at vicarage road against us and the mackems in '92. they were s*** then but they beat the smb's 1-0 iirc and drew against us ( i was late getting in and walked in to see them score  :angry:) - well done :clap: as has been said before, if opposing players were better at finishing than us they might have won a few times but they aren't.

Think you might stand a couple of rows infront of me. Was a woman trying to tell you that you were in her seat on saturday, when she was miles from where she should have been?

no mate. no one has the balls to tell me that :snod:

Row F, 280/281 for last few games but be further along in the 240's for watford and derby, where the handrails dont block my view of the pitch :rolleyes:

Guest michaelfoster

Standing and singing at football matches to me is the norm, and I cannot understand why anyone would logically want to remove this aspect from the footballing experience.

Standing a Health & Safety issue?

Guest michaelfoster

f*** the east stand.  I f***ing hated sitting there.  Rather not go to the game and sit in the house with Football Manager and Mick Lowes to keep me company.

Its not that bad ffs :D

The only good thing about the East Stand is the awesome TV view. Whenever i've gone up for a cup game, i've gone there cos the atmosphere's bound to be fairly dead anyway and the tickets are cheaper. Plus you get to look at the Milburn stand in all it's glory which never really gets boring.

Guest Roger Kint

I havent sat in the east stand since that FA Cup tie we lost 3-0 to Charlton 20 years ago or so. Great view of the Gallowgate crossbar being knackered by fans at the end though ;D