Barnsley vs Newcastle United pre-match thread

Stifler

Had a feeling he'd pick Butt.

Never thought hed play all 3 of Smith, Nolan & him though, pointless man.

4-5-1 was acceptable when we had injured strikers and some were off form. Now even Harewoods doing alright, Ranger gets his first, Ameobis back & scoring, Lovens looking good and he chooses 4-5-1 with justglassedsomeoneinthefaceCarroll upfront ??

I like Carroll. But to choose him after recently with everyone else in form, seems a bit past moronic.

To Choose Carroll from everybody else is called man managment

Utterly baffled by the lineup.

Of course we could well still win, but if we do that won't justify this team selection. We're top of the league, won 7 in a row, and we should be making other teams worry about us rather than the other way round.

1 up front is a joke, especially as it's Carroll

Smith and Butt in the middle is a joke

We need to start thinking like a top side.

I will keep faith in hughton, every game we have had OMG what is he doing!!!! But we are 7 points clear. Yes its a shit league but there are one or two teams equal to us in terms of quality so he must be doing something right.

I have been perplexed by a number of his decisions this season and been proved wrong. I am shocked to see Carroll and r. Taylor in there however, unfortunate butt pretty much picks himself. I can see a point in starting the other two aswell even if it wouldn't have been what I would have gone for.

I will keep faith in hughton, every game we have had OMG what is he doing!!!! But we are 7 points clear. Yes its a s*** league but there are one or two teams equal to us in terms of quality so he must be doing something right.

I have been perplexed by a number of his decisions this season and been proved wrong. I am shocked to see Carroll and r. Taylor in there however, unfortunate butt pretty much picks himself. I can see a point in starting the other two aswell even if it wouldn't have been what I would have gone for.

We're top of the league because the other teams are shit and we're slightly better than them.  If this league was tougher or we didn't have players who were better than the opposition then Hughton would have looked like he is, a poor manager.

am i the only one who's not particulary miffed with the lineup/formation? it seems like more of the same to me and we're on a very good run. away he's trying to stifle other teams and relying on our better quality to get us a goal, which has been working. and if it doesnt we can use our subs and play five upfront :celb: