Michael Owen (now retired)

Keefaz

One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?  

648 members have voted

1. 1. One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?

• I envy the deaf.

Do liverpool fans think of him as a greedy b****** like we do? he did leave for the money at Real mind.

They dislike him due to dithering over a new contract then buggering off to Madrid leaving Liverpool with a fee that was much deflated from his worth at the time. Plus, like us, they also were annoyed that he put England first and foremost every day of the week.

That and joining Liverpool's greatest rivals.

I can remember when he joined us, I was delighted and the 3 Liverpool fans on my course (canny lads) said he was a good player but pointed out that he always put England first.  I refused to believe them because the concept seemed so incredibly stupid.

Guest BooBoo

I think the fact that he was surprised at the reaction just shows what a self absorbed little tosser he is.

Still can't believe he got a PL winner's medal for basically doing f*** all. I reckon he might go north of the border and join Celtic - he was linked with them ages ago iirc (whether or not Celtic would actually take him is another matter...).

Think he has too big an ego to go to that league tbh

Quite the contrary.

Celtic are seen as a big club with strong marketing so his sponsors will love it and he can also pass it off as 'top level', while he'll also be playing against the equivalent of League 1 sides and look like he's still 'prolific'.

Of course the spanner in the works is when Jon Daly, Gary Hooper and Sone Aluko all outscore him.

Guest The_Miz

Think he has too big an ego to go to that league tbh

Quite the contrary.

Celtic are seen as a big club with strong marketing so his sponsors will love it and he can also pass it off as 'top level', while he'll also be playing against the equivalent of League 1 sides and look like he's still 'prolific'.

Of course the spanner in the works is when Jon Daly, Gary Hooper and Sone Aluko all outscore him.

The image of that league is in tatters though, doubt he can pass it off as 'top level'.

Guest firetotheworks

I honestly think that, despite what they might say in public, most managers will know to stay well clear of him.

Not a chance in the world will he go to Everton. Moyes is far too clever to buy that waste of oxygen.