Michael Owen (now retired)

Keefaz

One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?  

648 members have voted

1. 1. One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?

• I envy the deaf.

Guest neesy111

I still get Man Utd fans saying to me Alan Smith was a good player for us.  Shows how clueless other football fans can be.

I still get Man Utd fans saying to me Alan Smith was a good player for us.  Shows how clueless other football fans can be.

It amazes me when fans of other clubs try to tell me that turboshite Newcastle players were good for Newcastle.  If I'm speaking to a fan of another club and deem them to be fairly knowledgeable I'll usually take their word for it when they say one of their lot's shite, despite what I think of them on the basis of MOTD and a few matches on Sky.

Tbh I didn't have a problem with Owen until the second half if the last season. Maybe he put England first but I did think he was a pro and he wanted to do well at Newcastle for footballing reasons - and to start for England. It was his bottling in the last season that turned me on him.

Two seasons into his Newcastle career, Owen managed 12 games for England but only 14 for the club who by that point had already shelled out over £27million on him.

Didn't realise it was quite that bad. ffs

Knocks you sick that

Guest firetotheworks

At least we now have one thing that we can relate with Liverpool fans over. Ugh, that just makes me hate him even more.

Guest firetotheworks

Definitely. As much as people mock the likes of Torres, Ronaldinho etc. They're there to be mocked because they're putting themselves out there to succeed or fail. Not only did Owen never reach the heights of those players, he's never put himself in a position to fail or succeed like them. Yet he's kept the reputation in the media. His spine is jelly.

Guest KeithKettleborough

If he gets a regular spot on Match of The Day, we are still going to pay for him via the licence fee. His contributions as an analyst on one game were slaughtered on Twitter and hardly anyone had a good work to say for him. However, when have the BBC taken any notice of licence payers feelings, so be prepared to see a lot more of him on tv than we did as a player for us.

The arrogant prick is now complaining that Capello stopped him being England's greatest goalscorer as he refused to watch him at Newcastle and therefore pick him.

Why can't he just f*** off.

Fuck off

True tbf

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

The arrogant prick is now complaining that Capello stopped him being England's greatest goalscorer as he refused to watch him at Newcastle and therefore pick him.

Why can't he just fuck off.

Sky Sports looping that interview every hour.  :lol:

• 2 weeks later...