Michael Owen (now retired)

Keefaz

One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?  

648 members have voted

1. 1. One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?

• I envy the deaf.

i remember the unsavoury songs everton used to sing about him (speed) in his time here.

Yeah read that a few times today, I guess it's been water under the bridge. I have an Everton supporting mate, saw him this morning and he was gutted when we heard the news.

i remember the unsavoury songs everton used to sing about him (speed) in his time here.

Yeah read that a few times today, I guess it's been water under the bridge. I have an Everton supporting mate, saw him this morning and he was gutted when we heard the news.

Fwiw, all the Everton fans I'm aware of are equally gutted at this and are as disbelieving as NUFC fans on this board.

He's holding on to the arms of the chair like he's on a rollercoaster. It's fucking exciting talking this fast. Slow down Micky lad.

Hadn't paid attention until you said this, he will leave the studio with that fucking chair :lol:

The thought of him becoming a regular pundit.  :anguish:

Can't see him being a manager or coach...so as an ex-England international of course he'll be fasttracked into the media like Lineker and Shearer.

Fwiw, all the Everton fans I'm aware of are equally gutted at this and are as disbelieving as NUFC fans on this board.

IIRC the Everton fans were pissed off that he left the club, in fact Wikipedia seems to back this up:

He left the club in controversial circumstances and the reasons were never revealed. He told the Liverpool Echo: "You know why I’m leaving, but I can’t explain myself publicly because it would damage the good name of Everton Football Club and I’m not prepared to do that."

Not trying to rewrite history - just saying we've all had players we've been annoyed at when they've left, doesn't mean we hate them or anything.

Guest bimpy474

He's holding on to the arms of the chair like he's on a rollercoaster. It's fucking exciting talking this fast. Slow down Micky lad.

Hadn't paid attention until you said this, he will leave the studio with that fucking chair :lol:

Bet his fingers are buried in like Steve Martin's in Planes Trains and Automobiles.