Would you extend Harewood's loan until the end of the season?

LoveItIfWeBeatU
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Heneage

The fee's been mentioned?

It was in the comics yesterday (I know). It might explain why it's not been done or agreed already.

250k? Is it really that bad. Boro paid 2m for Ledger.

I'm not saying it's bad, I'm wondering whether Ashley will pay it considering we're top of the league and really ace.

I i'd imagine he'd look at the fact that bar Ameobi we have no real consistent goalscorer, and Ranger only scores when it's on a silver plate and unmissable.

It was about 92 minutes in when I bumped this thread, after we played a game where we created a lot of chances but didn't have anyone who could finish.

LOL. Nice one.

Apart from our one goal superstriker, though obviously.

He deserves a contract, based on his goalscoring ability alone.

Maybe so.  But let's not rewrite history and say we would've scored everytime we don't score without him.

I didn't say that, i just don't like starting a game with Carroll and Lovenkrands. I said 2 days ago to Kezman that the partnership wouldn't work.

They've played together once haven't they?  Bit early to say it won't work.  We were playing alright in the first half.  

Both are terrible footballers, basically. It's obvious they wont work.

Ameobi will score, Lovenkrands had good movement on the whole tonight so could do but we need as many scorers as possible as we aren't going to suddenly change our entire midfield/sign a top class playmaker/change the way we play.

Harewood despite being lazy was looking every bit the goalscorer Shola was by the time he got up to speed. Carroll, Ranger and Pancrate, despite rating them I don't have any confidence any of them will score enough this season.

Carroll has had plenty of chance to prove he can score, he's had more starts than any other forward this season and he's scored 4 goals.  Ranger has had 1 full game and the most he's played at one time is 109 minutes when he came on against Place and then started against Leicester, he's not getting a chance to prove what he can do.  It seems like with Guthrie it's easier to piss the kids about rather than upset the more experienced players.

I see more in Ranger than I see in any forward we've played this season yet he's had the least time on the pitch out of them all.

Carroll is only uselful in a team which plays lots of long balls and tbh I don't want us doing that anymore.

This, he never looks like scoring with the ball at his feat, he hardly touches the ball on the deck in and around the box let alone look like he's going score.

Carroll is only uselful in a team which plays lots of long balls and tbh I don't want us doing that anymore.

I don't think the long ball is the best route for him as he rarely diverts the ball back to one of his team mates.  We do use that and I don't think it does him any favours.

I like bits and bobs of each of our strikers, but when Harewood's the only one to prove he has such knowledge as to "run to the near post to win a header", it concerns me. I'll be pissed off if we don't give him another six months cos it's blatantly obvious he's got a greater nouse than any of our strikers when it comes to putting the ball in the net, bar probably Shola. We'd have scored with him in the side today.

I don't think the long ball is the best route for him as he rarely diverts the ball back to one of his team mates.  We do use that and I don't think it does him any favours.

He needs players getting beyond him as he's not good at holding it up, but is more than decent when flicking it on.

Sadly the defensive way we set up means players getting beyond him almost never happens.

Even though they played horribly independently of each other the last two games, if Shola and Harewood* had been on the field for that early twenty minute spell, it would have been Swansea MkII.

*(or -1 of them +Loven)

It's the only way he can be useful though. He's absolutely abysmal with his feet.

I'm glad somebody else finally said it. If Shola used to be described as a donkey I don't know what that makes Carroll.

I think a lot will depend on whether Hughton is able to sign the striker he wants permanently in January. Hopwever, if not, he may go back for Harewood but it could be too late if other champioinship sides accept Villa's terms.

Personally, I would rather Ranger given a chance as I have already said on this thread. In the 10 minutes he got against derby, he looked dangerous and playing alongside Shola, a reasonable partnership in the offing. I thought he was unlucky with his chance because the save was pure reaction with a huge element of luck about it. To get that opportunity on target from such an angle was class.

Furthermore, I feel Ranger is the future whilst Harewood is the stop gap and we really should start preparing for the PL in January rather than waiting till the summer.

Hipho

From what I have seen of the lads Ranger and Kadar, they are both capable enough at this level. Ranger looked more dangerous in the 10 minutes he was on the other night than any of the other strikers.

If we dont play them, we run the risk of losing them. Both lads have the ability, they just need the manager to show the belief in them.

I am a big believer in the youth been given a chance. Remember Rooney anyone? Michael Owen?