Craig Bellamy

James

Guest bimpy474

Apparently it nearly hit Given.

He'd have hesitated and someone would have nipped in.

Just read the transcript in the Mirror article, wonderful stuff about Bobby.

Quite sad too though because it just hits home how wonderful that team was.

It really does. Proud time to be supporter of this team, the ambition and honesty in our football was a pleasure and so far from today's dross.

Just read the transcript in the Mirror article, wonderful stuff about Bobby.

Quite sad too though because it just hits home how wonderful that team was.

It really does. Proud time to be supporter of this team, the ambition and honesty in our football was a pleasure and so far from today's dross.

The funny thing is the summer going into the season we bought Bellamy and Robert i remember similar negativity to now  :lol:

Lightning won't strike twice though i fear.

I've just bought it for my hols, too.

Souness and Shearer should've gone in the summer of 2005. We could've built one hell of a side around Bellamy.

I know you like him, but let's not go over the top.

Dont think we needed to sell Shearer a year before retirement but he should have played less - like in Bobby's last game where he was on the bench. Im sure he could still play a role. I always wonder how Kluivert wouldve turned out if Bobby stayed. So fucking frustrating man.

Guest neesy111

It was Dyer and Bramble wasn't it?

Dyer defo stuck his fingers up at Robson behind his back.  Not heard about Bellamy though.

So before most games, we’d end up at the back of the tunnel together, having a chat about the opponents. He’d stare at their players.

“He’s shit scared of you already, that one, son,” he’d say.

Or it might be: “Get him on the turn today, son, and you’ll kill him.”

Or: “Look at him, son, he’s not even fit to be on the same pitch as you.”

I felt like I was the quickest player going, I felt strong, I felt invincible because of him.

He would talk to me like I was the best player in the world and I went out at St James’ Park feeling like I was going to play like the best player in the world.

I am 5ft 6 or 5ft 7ins tall but I am telling you this: when I put that kit on and I was standing in that tunnel with Bobby Robson, I felt like I was Didier Drogba.

:smitten: :smitten:

Shearer simply carried too much influence in his last few seasons. He basically played every game until he retired.  That hasn't happened with the likes of Lampard who haven't had the type of injuries Shearer did. Not just league games either was it? A lot of EURO games.

I do think a lot of players including Bellamy got too big for their britches towards the end of SbR's tenure. I'm sure they all realise they messed up the best thing that happened to them.

So before most games, we’d end up at the back of the tunnel together, having a chat about the opponents. He’d stare at their players.

“He’s shit scared of you already, that one, son,” he’d say.

Or it might be: “Get him on the turn today, son, and you’ll kill him.”

Or: “Look at him, son, he’s not even fit to be on the same pitch as you.”

I felt like I was the quickest player going, I felt strong, I felt invincible because of him.

He would talk to me like I was the best player in the world and I went out at St James’ Park feeling like I was going to play like the best player in the world.

I am 5ft 6 or 5ft 7ins tall but I am telling you this: when I put that kit on and I was standing in that tunnel with Bobby Robson, I felt like I was Didier Drogba.

:smitten: :smitten:

Positivity.

I'm not. We backed the wrong side.

I agree that Shearer should have been played less - no reason why we couldn't have rotated Bellamy, Kluivert and Shearer and retained a still very good strikeforce and got the most out of all of them.  But.. nothing Bellamy has done since has shown that we could have built a very good side around him alone.  He wasn't and isn't good enough to have a side built around him.

I agree that Shearer should have been played less - no reason why we couldn't have rotated Bellamy, Kluivert and Shearer and retained a still very good strikeforce and got the most out of all of them.  But.. nothing Bellamy has done since has shown that we could have built a very good side around him alone.  He wasn't and isn't good enough to have a side built around him.

1 in 2 for Blackburn. Earned himself some big transfers and played well in those teams. Lasted longer at City than Shay for one.

He's also the type of player that can do well for most sides. By build a team around him - you just play him tbh.

I have to say, that description of Shearer ties in with everything else I've heard about him, even down to the way his charity operates. Someone I know paid in the region of 2K for a game of golf with him. That was 2 years ago and it still hasn't happened.

1 in 2 for Blackburn. Earned himself some big transfers and played well in those teams. Lasted longer at City than Shay for one.

He's also the type of player that can do well for most sides. By build a team around him - you just play him tbh.

Not denying he is a good player, but I don't he has ever been the type of player you build a team around.  You build a team around a player like Ronaldo or Bale or Suarez etc.  Not a guy who has never scored more than 13 league goals in a season and averages a goal every 3.25 games.

Guest neesy111

Not denying he is a good player, but I don't he has ever been the type of player you build a team around.  You build a team around a player like Ronaldo or Bale or Suarez etc.  Not a guy who has never scored more than 13 league goals in a season and averages a goal every 3.25 games.

There's very few players you can build a team around nowadays tbh.