Craig Bellamy

James

I reckon Gouffran would look better through the middle, his link up play at first with Sissoko was also class so shows he has a brain.

Do agree, in his brief appearances there he has looked dangerous. I some how keep forgetting him when talking about new strikers though  :laugh: :(

Guest Howaythetoon

Gouffran a better footballer than Bellamy? You know I love you HTT but that's up there with one of the stupidest things I've read on here.

Never said he was a better footballer, he's not, he has better technique though that's what I said and by physicality I mean strength, height etc.

"So I walked with him and he started asking me how my kids were, how they were doing at school, how was my missus.

The next thing I knew I was on the plane. I was thinking ‘how the f*** did I get here?’"

:lol: still one of my favourite Sir Bobby anecdotes, that.

I felt like I was the quickest player going, I felt strong, I felt invincible because of him.

He would talk to me like I was the best player in the world and I went out at St James’ Park feeling like I was going to play like the best player in the world.

I am 5ft 6 or 5ft 7ins tall but I am telling you this: when I put that kit on and I was standing in that tunnel with Bobby Robson, I felt like I was Didier Drogba.

That's a proper manager.  :smitten:

While never close to being as good as Shearer in his prime, by the time he left Bellamy was much the better player and had improved his finishing. By the time he left he was our best player.

Scored the same amount of goals as Shearer did the season he left despite playing less games. Went on to score 1 in 2 for Blackburn the next season.

Similarly to Shearer, Bellamy was a great footballer because of his character, determination and of course footballing intelligence. There are many faster/stronger/more technical players but few have the mental qualities and the urge to succeed.

Not sure if you're being facetious but I recall the Chronicle printing a small story towards the end of Robson's tenure, saying they had a photo from the training ground of 1 (or maybe 2) players being disrespectful behind the manager's back, but refused to print it or name the players.  Think they were using it as an example of the players not having enough respect for the manager or the football club.

The Chronicle would get banned from the club for printing something like that these days of course. :lol:

Not sure if you're being facetious but I recall the Chronicle printing a small story towards the end of Robson's tenure, saying they had a photo from the training ground of 1 (or maybe 2) players being disrespectful behind the manager's back, but refused to print it or name the players.  Think they were using it as an example of the players not having enough respect for the manager or the football club.

The Chronicle would get banned from the club for printing something like that these days of course. :lol:

I just genuinely can't remember such an incident. Bellamy would hardly be at the top of the list of suspects if that's all we know.

I just genuinely can't remember such an incident. Bellamy would hardly be at the top of the list of suspects if that's all we know.

Aye fair enough, that's all I remember for sure but seem to recall people saying they knew who it was or whatever.