Danny Simpson (now retired)

Guest toonlass

Just been told from a reliable source that Danny Simpson was indeed - at one stage on transfer deadline day -  in a taxi on his way to Newcastle Airport to catch a plane to East Midlands. He indicated to the taxi driver he didn't want to leave, was settled here (just had a baby) etc etc.  It was called off before he boarded the aircraft.

That would substantiate his bizarre comments in fridays chronicle that he relishes the 'healthy competition' with Santon for the right back slot.

Ryan Taylor and Ferguson for left back and Simpson and Santon for right back ???????????????? 

Goner be another interesting one to see where this Santon actually plays.

That would have made for an amazing transfer window :lol: Losing both our starting fullbacks

His positioning was diabolical as usual, as highlighted at HT when he featured on every one of the chances they replayed.

Huh?  Think you were looking at the wrong full back.

Raylor was diabolical too but I expect that from him anyway. Simpson is constantly out of position, usually leaving us with just three across the back.

His positioning was diabolical as usual, as highlighted at HT when he featured on every one of the chances they replayed.

Huh?  Think you were looking at the wrong full back.

SWP's header in the first 5 or so minutes that should have been a goal is a prime example of Simpson's shitness. Rushes 10 yards out of position to try a cheap interception, gets nowhere near, QPR have acres of space to exploit down their left which they do, nearly results in a goal.

He's done this in every game this season.

I'm gonna continue banging the drum - he was worse than Ryan Taylor tonight, although admittedly not by much. You'd think Simpson was the one playing out of position, with the way he's constantly caught in the wrong place. More intelligent/talented teams would have scored about 4 goals from our right.

I'm gonna continue banging the drum - he was worse than Ryan Taylor tonight, although admittedly not by much. You'd think Simpson was the one playing out of position, with the way he's constantly caught in the wrong place. More intelligent/talented teams would have scored about 4 goals from our right.

???

:dontknow:

Just can't see it meself.

When SWP pissed up that volley, Simpson was busy wanking on the edge of the box.

That's sort of what I'm getting at. Whilst Ryan Taylor is a gash footballer, he's generally in the right positions, even whilst playing on his wrong side. Simpson doesn't look comfortable, both positionally and with the ball, which is very fucking worrying for someone who's played at right-back for his whole career - a 'natural' right-back if you will.

I also hate his stupid online bravado about how good he is and how he's playing well, etc. Retweeting the numpties who say he should be in the England team, fuck off man.

Ryan Taylor is generally in the right positions? :lol:

Is your real name Ray Charles?

Ryan Taylor's problem is not his positioning, but his lack of any ability with the ball (barring set pieces ofc) and also his tendancy to make the wrong decision (dive in or stand ground). His positioning isn't what makes him such a poor footballer, although I'm not pretending it's brilliant either. Santon should have played in his place tonight, my argument is one of contrast, though. He's playing on his weaker side and has looked better than Simpson in most games this season, rose-tinted OVER DA WALL glasses firmly off. Having said that, "looking better than Simpson" so far this season requires you to play at a 5/10 level.

When SWP pissed up that volley, Simpson was busy wanking on the edge of the box.

That's sort of what I'm getting at. Whilst Ryan Taylor is a gash footballer, he's generally in the right positions, even whilst playing on his wrong side. Simpson doesn't look comfortable, both positionally and with the ball, which is very fucking worrying for someone who's played at right-back for his whole career - a 'natural' right-back if you will.

I also hate his stupid online bravado about how good he is and how he's playing well, etc. Retweeting the numpties who say he should be in the England team, fuck off man.

That second paragraph just makes it sound like you have a grudge against him tbh, and so it would make sense why you're slating him so much tonight when 99% of people thought he was solid.