Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Andy Carroll, Mike Williamson and Danny Simpson could arguably be justified England call ups.

Genuinely wouldn't be surprised to see Willi in there if he keeps this up. Just the many years of playing in the Premiership and the 'couldn't get a game for Pompey' stigma. But he's definitely been up there in terms of performers so far.

Andy Carroll, Mike Williamson and Danny Simpson could arguably be justified England call ups.

Genuinely wouldn't be surprised to see Willi in there if he keeps this up. Just the many years of playing in the Premiership and the 'couldn't get a game for Pompey' stigma. But he's definitely been up there in terms of performers so far.

williamsons problem is that being on form int the prem means little on the international stage. he;s shaping up to be a very good prem centre half, i think he'd get murdered in international or european football.

williamsons problem is that being on form int the prem means little on the international stage. he;s shaping up to be a very good prem centre half, i think he'd get murdered in international or european football.

My statement was largely based on the players currently being picked for England. The three I've mentioned are at least as good as some of them if not better.

Guest Stephen927

Carroll is the only player out of them who is England quality.

Players ahead of Williamson:

Rio

JT

Jagielka

Cahill

R Johnson

Players ahead of Simpson:

Richards

Johnson

Simpson has a chance because of the lack of good RB's but he's not near good enough. Much prefer Glen Johnson there. Simpson might be marginally better defensively but Johnson is the better all round player. Lets not get carried away cos Danny has had a few good games since his return.

Rio

JT

Jagielka

Cahill

R Johnson

Players ahead of Simpson:

Richards

Johnson

Simpson has a chance because of the lack of good RB's but he's not near good enough. Much prefer Glen Johnson there. Simpson might be marginally better defensively but Johnson is the better all round player. Lets not get carried away cos Danny has had a few good games since his return.

Same Richards who hasn't played under Capello?

Simpson for England! :lol:

Only having two players ahead of you, one of whom can't defend and the other the manager obviously doesn't rate, is a pretty decent position to be in IMO. Especially for a player of Simpson's young age.

(I'm not saying he's international class, but we can only pick from the players available)

Guest Stephen927

It's not a problem with Capello rating Richards, it's just that we've had Wes Brown, Johnson, and Carragher playing there. 2 of those have retired from international football, and with Richards in good form this season thus far he's got a good chance of being picked. Johnson will always be ahead cos of his attacking qualities, Capello favours attacking full backs.

Guest Stephen927

Rio

JT

Jagielka

Cahill

R Johnson

I'm probably being really thick here, but who is R Johnson?  :blush:

Birmingham centre half, one of the main reasons they did so well last year.

ah right, can't say i paid much attention to the premier league last season which is probably why the name seemed unfamiliar  :doh:

To be honest, I think Williamson is every bit as good as Cahill and Johnson.  I think he needs a bit longer in the Premier League before he's worthy of a call-up but if he keeps playing as well as he has been, he should be in with a shout

TBH, I thought the exact same thing when he made the move up to the prem from the champ, I was conviced he would be found out fast because of his lack of pace, but he's certainly proved me wrong there. The international stage though may be a step too far.

Won't be long before Nolan makes it there as well :lol:

Top Premier League scorer in England call-up?

People whinged at Capello for not picking in form players, we have 4 or 5 of the most in form English players in the league, so why not?

I personally think it's a bollocks way of picking a national side mind, if Germany had done that then Klose & Podolski wouldn't have been at the World Cup.

Won't be long before Nolan makes it there as well :lol:

Top Premier League scorer in England call-up?

People whinged at Capello for not picking in form players, we have 4 or 5 of the most in form English players in the league, so why not?

I personally think it's a bollocks way of picking a national side mind, if Germany had done that then Klose & Podolski wouldn't have been at the World Cup.

Got to be national team form and club form, can give the players with good club form the opportunities in the national team alongside the players who consistently perform for the national team, if this happened then people like Lampard and SWP wouldn't get near the squad, which is what is needed...