Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Glen Johnson is England's first choice right back FFS! Why is anyone remotely surprised that Simpson is being considered for a call-up

Spot on no reason why he cannot take the RB role away from Johnson , its not like we have loads of talented English right backs.

Glen Johnson is England's first choice right back FFS! Why is anyone remotely surprised that Simpson is being considered for a call-up

Because there is no way that he is currently good enough???

And Johnson is?

And Johnson is?

Well - yes.  Johnson is a much better RB than Simpson.

And Johnson is?

Have you ever actually seen Johnson play? He's fucking shit!

He's decent going forward but defensively he's an absolute disaster.

Mediocre is kind.

This. He was below par against Blackburn really, was very impressive against Arsenal and the unwashed though. Putting him in the England squad would be a bit of a snap decision like, he has been better than most English RBs since he's come back, but he's only been back 3 games, needs to show a bit more consistency first really. Micah Richards is definitely Englands best choice at right back at the moment, Johnson is pure s****.

And Johnson is?

Have you ever actually seen Johnson play? He's f***ing s***!

Of course I've seen Johnson play.  I think you would be in the minority if you continue to insist that Danny Simpson is better than Johnson.  Remember that we are talking about Danny Simpson, who the majority of Newcastle fans were convinced was not good enough for the Premiership last season.  He has played ok in the handful of games that he is played this season and you reckon he should now be playing England???

Johnson is first choice RB this France game is a chance to look at other options so Simpson deserves a shot.. for me there is not that much difference.. I see Johnson as more of a winger playing at fullback, Simpson is deffo more of a defender.

And Johnson is?

Have you ever actually seen Johnson play? He's f***ing s***!

Of course I've seen Johnson play.  I think you would be in the minority if you continue to insist that Danny Simpson is better than Johnson.  Remember that we are talking about Danny Simpson, who the majority of Newcastle fans were convinced was not good enough for the Premiership last season.  He has played ok in the handful of games that he is played this season and you reckon he should now be playing England???

Where have i said that Danny Simpson is better than Glen Johnson?

I'm not suggesting that Danny Simpson should be England's first choice right back. What I am suggesting is that given how shit Glen Johnson is, the prospect of Danny Simpson getting a call-up to the England squad is not all that unrealistic.

Johnson is first choice RB this France game is a chance to look at other options so Simpson deserves a shot.. for me there is not that much difference.. I see Johnson as more of a winger playing at fullback, Simpson is deffo more of a defender.

This

Good stuff, can't say I personally rate him as highly as that but it'll give him more experience, increase his value and mean he goes to the top of the list of Newcastle defenders other clubs might want to nick. And if he plays and he's shit, who cares? It's only England.