Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Craig-NUFC

Wish he would mark players instead of running to the fucking goal line to make a save. Most the time when he saves it off the line it's because he wasn't marking his man in the first place.

Id love someone to workout how many of the goals we've conceded recently come from moves down his side.

Hes clearly seen as our weakness.

Was thinking the same myself. He must have cost us over 10 goals in the last 5 games.

hate his defending , hate his longballs even more,

ive requested the title of this thread to be changed to "Danny 'Longball' Simpson"  a few times.

it has to be done.

i think i saw him pass the ball on the ground maybe only twice this afternoon

Agreed. He's a fucking nugget.

Wastes possession more than any other player in the world.

Guest GeordieAce

Him and Williamson have, and will cost us points this season. A few goal line clearances isn't going to change the fact he is totally out of his depth. Totally crap.

Guest MrSundlofer

I have been tired with his performances on the pitch for a while now. And today he was, once again, very poor. He is so weak in everything he does - his passing, his crosses, his closing down...

He offers us absolutely nothing on the pitch. He is to afraid to make forward runs like Santon does on the other flank.

Sick and tired of watching him in possession.  Just has absolutely nothing about him with the ball at his feet.  Long balls down the line the second he is confronted by an opponent.  Every time he receives the ball wide in the final third he just lofts it to the back post, even when there is nobody there to even attempt in vain to get onto the end of it.  Him and Wilo are handcuffing our possession game and we must take action in the summer.

We need a replacement and I wouldn't mind seeing young James being given a go. 

I have been tired with his performances on the pitch for a while now. And today he was, once again, very poor. He is so weak in everything he does - his passing, his crosses, his closing down...

He offers us absolutely nothing on the pitch. He is to afraid to make forward runs like Santon does on the other flank.

He is not afraid, he just can't go forward, even more in Santon fashion. He doesn't have the technique, the pace, the passing skills [even the basic passing skills lessons have been skipped], his crossing is amateurish to say the least.