Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Guest bimpy474

I'm glad he found it funny when he nonchalantly gave away a needless corner in the last ten minutes.

Every time the opposition play the ball down our left, he gets sucked in as basically a third centre-back, leaving f***ing yards of space for the two players on the opposition's left to run into ready for a shot or free cross into the danger area. Every time the opposition play the ball down our right, he gets absolutely raped by virtue of being a horrendous footballer with no positional awareness, a heart the size of a drawing pin and an inability to use his left foot.

His pass completion today, f***ing hell, I'd be surprised if it exceeded 10%. Shockingly bad. I think only probably Perch misplaced more passes.

You probably haven't noticed but he gets sucked inside when Coloccini gets sucked out wide, it's called covering and Pardew has just been on ESPN with the biggest grin on his face I've seen today.

He overcovers at times but that doesn't excuse his lack of passing ability, he cant even clear the ball, he kicks with same pace and strength of my 6 yr old, simply he isn't good enough and never will be.

I'm glad he found it funny when he nonchalantly gave away a needless corner in the last ten minutes.

Every time the opposition play the ball down our left, he gets sucked in as basically a third centre-back, leaving f***ing yards of space for the two players on the opposition's left to run into ready for a shot or free cross into the danger area. Every time the opposition play the ball down our right, he gets absolutely raped by virtue of being a horrendous footballer with no positional awareness, a heart the size of a drawing pin and an inability to use his left foot.

His pass completion today, f***ing hell, I'd be surprised if it exceeded 10%. Shockingly bad. I think only probably Perch misplaced more passes.

You probably haven't noticed but he gets sucked inside when Coloccini gets sucked out wide, it's called covering and Pardew has just been on ESPN with the biggest grin on his face I've seen today.

:lol: you are such an idiot if you're STILL trying to defend this prick. If I could be arsed I'd do what you normally do and find screenshots, of the times when Simpson was standing more or less on Coloccini's toes in the centre of defence whilst the two players on the Spurs left were totally unattended. That's not covering, it's an absolute lack of positional awareness.

He overcovers at times but that doesn't excuse his lack of passing ability, he cant even clear the ball, he kicks with same pace and strength of my 6 yr old, simply he isn't good enough and never will be.

I'd love someone to make a compilation of all the times he touched the ball today because it really is shocking how bad he is with the ball. Plus his lack of pace is a real problem. Gets done by attackers and then when going forward the balls that are passed to him constantly go out of play because he can never get to them. Normally you would blame the passer for that but each example were acceptable weighted passes.

He has his faults and when we have our best 11 out he's the weak link, today he was no worse than every other player on the pitch.

Guest bimpy474

He has his faults and when we have our best 11 out he's the weak link, today he was no worse than every other player on the pitch.

I thought he was our worst by a mile, not that the others were any better, just watch the game again, clearances, passes, positional sense and going forward he is just cack, he is just a poor player at this level.

:lol: you are such an idiot if you're STILL trying to defend this prick. If I could be arsed I'd do what you normally do and find screenshots, of the times when Simpson was standing more or less on Coloccini's toes in the centre of defence whilst the two players on the Spurs left were totally unattended. That's not covering, it's an absolute lack of positional awareness.

:lol:

Grow up man, Coloccini was wide left when the first two goals went in.

Guest bimpy474

I'd love someone to make a compilation of all the times he touched the ball today because it really is shocking how bad he is with the ball. Plus his lack of pace is a real problem. Gets done by attackers and then when going forward the balls that are passed to him constantly go out of play because he can never get to them. Normally you would blame the passer for that but each example were acceptable weighted passes.

Spot on, today showed for me that his passing is dreadful, and if as we did today start with two wingers, the full back will see a lot of the ball, gets to him he just gives it away, tbf so did everynoe else but he is woeful.

I thought he was our worst by a mile, not that the others were any better, just watch the game again, clearances, passes, positional sense and going forward he is just cack, he is just a poor player at this level.

How could he be the worst by a mile if none were better?  I don't feel like watching that again, I might later.

Guest bimpy474

How could he be the worst by a mile if none were better?  I don't feel like watching that again, I might later.

Figure of speech mate ;) i just thought he was awful and our worst player, if you do watch it later fair play as i dont think i could stomach it.

Figure of speech mate ;) i just thought he was awful and our worst player, if you do watch it later fair play as i dont think i could stomach it.

I think we were awful from 1 to 11 without using squad numbers, I wouldn't pick any of them out as better or worse.

The defence as a whole was all over the place today, Simpson and Colo being particularly bad. You pick him out even when he's played alright like, agenda-tastic.

The defence as a whole was all over the place today, Simpson and Colo being particularly bad. You pick him out even when he's played alright like, agenda-tastic.

The defence as a whole was shit, yes. I deem Simpson to be (marginally) the worst of a bad bunch today.

Guest Rey Mysterio

For once this is true today as the majority of the side had stinkers.

The problem is most of the others can and do often play a lot better than tonight. Simpson is playing at least a couple of leagues above his abilities (I use that term very loosely) and turns in those performances on a scarily frequent basis.

If he was French, Dutch, Spanish, Italian, German, etc. he would never have played football professionally. Says a lot about the state of football in this country when he's getting game time at the highest club level.

As a player, he epitomises everything that's wrong with football in this country.

Guest neesy111

Bollocks.

Bollocks.

HE WAS LIKE, first goal he went straight between Santon & Colo

Guest neesy111

People have been on his back since we started back in the premiership last season and it's still continuing, so it's obvious his performances have not improved at all.