Not travelled with the squad?

Where's this?

Wasn't it a question ?

What you talking about?

Why you asking ?

Who am I talking to?

Not sure, was it me ?

Not that imminent then?

Could still happen but you'd have thought if a move was close then he'd hang around for a day or 2 to tie things up. Then again he's only a 2-hour flight away...

I hope he stays just not as 1st choice RB but as a decent backup defender, we need the squad size.

Not sure Danny "where's my England squad number" Simpson would like the sound of backup

Thought Cisse was still on his hollybobs.  Perhaps met up late with the team.

Danny can't win with with the numbskulls on twitter slagging him off for leaving one minute, then slagging him off as he's in Germany.

I hope he stays just not as 1st choice RB but as a decent backup defender, we need the squad size.

Not sure Danny "where's my England squad number" Simpson would like the sound of backup

Tough luck.. no top player became that way without competition for their place, he could become a much better player if he felt he had to work harder for it, being our only real RB choice last season inflated his ego.

Its a shame his current contract is nearly up, I do honestly believe he could improve here in the right situation having to fight for games.

The way Perch has improved, now that lad has done it the right way.

Thought Cisse was still on his hollybobs.  Perhaps met up late with the team.

Danny can't win with with the numbskulls on twitter slagging him off for leaving one minute, then slagging him off as he's in Germany.

Simpson's a poster boy for not signing up to twitter as a celeb/footballer.

I might be naive but I believe we will sign a right back whether he stays or goes so I would prefer him to stay. If he isn't happy to fight for his place then obviously he is welcome to go somewhere easier.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/reading-set-to-sign-4m-geoffrey-1141468

Newcastle full-back Danny Simpson and Watford defender Adrian Mariappa are next on their shopping list as they bid to take their summer signings to six.

Boss Brian McDermott aims to tie up the deals before next week’s pre-season tour of Portugal.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/261903/Reading-in-pole-position-for-Danny-Simpson/

READING look to have won the race for Danny Simpson.

Newcastle full-back Simpson, 25, has been on the radar of West Ham, QPR and Fulham, but the Royals look to have beaten their Premier League rivals to his signing.

Boss Brian McDermott received a glowing reference from new signing Danny Guthrie about the ex-Manchester United starlet.

He moved fast to offer Simpson a three-year deal worth in the region of £30,000 a week.

Simpson’s future at Newcastle had been in doubt since he rejected a new deal.

He had hoped his displays over the last 18 months would prompt the Magpies to come back with a better offer.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2172761/Reading-Danny-Simpson-Geoffrey-Kondogbia.html

Reading manager Brian McDermott is closing on a deal for Newcastle's Danny Simpson and has made a £5m move for Lens’ highly-rated midfielder Geoffrey Kondogbia.