Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Simpson is pretty clearly the victim of confirmation bias in that people only watch for the mistakes he makes. And then those mistakes are magnified because of their opinion of him. Rarely does he get credit for the positive things he does (which he does do).

He is poor. Its the lack of pace and absolute zero recovery when beaten by his man. You are right about him doing good things.

Hitler did good stuff to, gets rather overlooked somewhat though.

:jones:

That analogy is a combination of :serious: and :facepalm:

Mind-numbingly awful.

Good comparison imo.

Simpson will never be Time Magazine's man of the year.

nor is he worth making a thousand narrratives and docs about.

No idea why so much study of nazism and ww2 still goes on, such an industry for academics on a subject that has been studied to death, what more could there possibly to learn? Sorry history grad here...

and to relate it to simpson...erm.

Guest bimpy474

No idea why so much study of nazism and ww2 still goes on, such an industry for academics on a subject that has been studied to death, what more could there possibly to learn? Sorry history grad here...

and to relate it to simpson...erm.

Oh you know, did some good things and some bad things  :laugh:

Simpson gets way too much stick on here than he should. I'd go as far as saying that Simpson is one of the better right full backs we've had in recent years, especially considering we've had the likes of Carr, Ramage and Edgar playing there, but what does make Simpson stand out, is that he blatantly isnt as good as a footballer as the rest of the team and is the weak link.

Good full backs are a 'must' for what we're aiming for. They turn a good side into a top side. A quality right back who has the attacking quality Simpson lacks and the improvement of Santon would see us come on leaps and bounds as a side I reckon.

Well whatever your feelings on the simpson/nazism debate is...if he is indeed the reincarnate of the despot austrian slug-balancer then that must mean that the counter force to his tyranny is of course...

http://i46.tinypic.com/30xik20.jpg

WINSTON PERCHILL

Whey, we'll have to agree to disagree. Perch right now is playing brilliantly, and he looks to have improved a lot, but I'm still not sure he's really a better fullback than Simpson. Like I say, it's marginal rather than clear.

Perch is much more comfortable on the ball. He would fit in better than Simpson for what we are trying to do now.

This is it, he's also better at defending.

Well whatever your feelings on the simpson/nazism debate is...if he is indeed the reincarnate of the despot austrian slug-balancer then that must mean that the counter force to his tyranny is of course...

http://i46.tinypic.com/30xik20.jpg

WINSTON PERCHILL

Catts for me like.

From a lad who was there tonight according to his Twitter...

@Thomas91nufc: Spoke to Simpson before the game. Wants to stay but no contract for him to sign. He says his last offer wasn't good enough. #NUFC

I still reckon he thinks he should be on a first-teamers wage when reality is he's only in that position by default.

Nothing ventured nothing gained. Given all the daft moves you see why wouldn't he chance his luck given how much it works. He's probably on crass wages in light of the rest of the team and given how much he starts, if it was me, I'd want parity too.

Guest neesy111

The club's strategy around his contract is baffling.

How so?

Pardew said in may he wanted to keep him.  So why not offer a new deal?

How so?

Is it not more that he rejected a contract? Unfortunately, the contract he's probably after is the one which someone like Debuchy or whoever replaces him is going to get, he'll be considered a squad member soon (hopefully) so can see why we're not offering what he's expecting.

How so?

I assume the last deal was considered good enough. No idea what it was but if he is expecting the same as the likes of Cabaye, Tiote, Jonas, Ba etc.. then he is expecting too much.