Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Jesus christ man, you'd think we'd be used to having the likes of Maicon playing for us they way you're waffling on. The bottom line is that Simpson is more than good enough for us and you shouldn't be complaining when the alternatives are James Perch. You are picking at a problem where there is none. There, i've bitten.

Simpson will only get better in my opinion. I'm happy to stick with the back 4/6 we have for the rest of the season. I think keeping this back line together will benefit us more than buying someone new.

He also had a good game today. His crossing just gets better. I'm sure the confidence in defending will come. Hopefully he doesn't make too many mistakes until that time.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

He is shit. Cannot think of one attribute where he is even close to being as good as Jose.

You need to think harder.

Name me one.

Simpson takes a better throw in. His short passing is also more consistently on target.

:lol:

Seriously, I'm not saying just because he isn't as good as Enrique it makes him shit, it was just a comparison drawing attention the gulf of quality between our two full backs.

IMO, Simpson is poor in every aspect of his game and needs a hell of a lot of coaching to reach the required level to be considered good enough for us while we are in this division.

No.

I don't know who's overreacting more - Rey Mesterio or people saying 'there alot of needless criticism in here'

I see one person slating him and the rest of forum defending him :lol:

Had two fucking idiots sat behind me at the match, everytime he misplaced a pass, backed off, anything he did resulted in a cry of 'HE'S FUCKING SHIT SIMPSON LIKE, FUCKING SHIT'. Kept responding with; "He's not like."

Had two f***ing idiots sat behind me at the match, everytime he misplaced a pass, backed off, anything he did resulted in a cry of 'HE'S f***ing s*** SIMPSON LIKE, f***ing s***'. Kept responding with; "He's not like."

:lol: You really showed them!

Im only kidding, completely clueless. You should have clunked their heads together.

Had two f***ing idiots sat behind me at the match, everytime he misplaced a pass, backed off, anything he did resulted in a cry of 'HE'S f***ing s*** SIMPSON LIKE, f***ing s***'. Kept responding with; "He's not like."

Tragic that like. Seems some people have made their mind up based on last season, and not actually paid attention this..

On second thoughts, I didn't add 'like' onto the end when I was having a go at him.

One thing he did in the second half really sent me potty though. He twice gave the ball away in Wigan's half and they broke away down our right hand side. Instead of busting a bollock to get back to make up for his error, he just jogged back with no urgency to recover. Reminded me of Nicky Butt in our relegation season when he'd get back into position at his own pace.

I like him and he's promising and i hope we hold onto him for a while and watch him progress, but he really can make it shit-your-pants stuff for the fans the way he backs off and backs off, allowing attacking players to get ever closer to goal. Still, i like him and i'm not having a pop, just needs to work on that.

Didn't think he'd make the grade at this level but has been very good so far in the prem and glad he's ours.

Would like him to have real competition to keep him on his toes, but right now good enough and if he continues to improve good enough to see us through the next couple of seasons.

England talk was crackers like, but he took it in his stride, and hasn't let it get to his head and performances have stayed roughly the same.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Still don't rate Simpson tbh

He is playing out of his skin right now but:

He has no pace

Dosnt seem to have much of a brain

He has nothing on Beye imho