Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

I thought he was absolutely superb.

Had everything today and played out of his skin. Could improve on his one on ones but we have already seen this season he can cross a ball, has pace and is for the most part defensively sound.

How much potential does this guy have to improve?

The only one who never giveup within the 90 mins.  Great, great attitude

Hello but there were 10 other players on the pitch for us second half

That's after half time.  Even when we were down to 4 nil, Simpson was the only player battling hard.  Even Barton and Tiote looks lost at that time.

Simpson has had some great days on work but also some bad, but he's developing in the right direction. He had his hands full against Lennon,and made some errors there, one cost us two points.  He needs to improve in two particular areas. First he must not be so afraid to apply pressure on the opponent. Sometimes he backs off into his own box, inviting the opponent inside the penalty area. Second, he more gutsy in the offensive part. Sometimes he has room but chose not to use it. That's too bad, because he delivers good crossers almost every time I've seen him wide outside the opponent's box. One thing is sure, nobody can take the work ethic away from him, which bodes well..

Guest GAMMELL

How he's not near the England set up is beyond belief.

:lol:

England's shortage of competent RB's are few and far between, he's worthy of a call-up based on this seasons performances imo.

England's right back possition is undoubtedly there poorest, which is shown by Glen Johnson holding the spot down. Personaly I think Jose Enrique should be persuaded to train his right foot up and cunningly disguise himself under the alias "Joseph Enfield" using a fake moustache and some blonde hair dye. Spain are clearly avoiding him like the plague atm so it's worth a shot.

I've done a complete u-turn on Simpson like, while he still struggles with backing off against pacey players, he is still a good defender and his forward play has improved immeasurably since last season.

I've done a complete u-turn on Simpson like, while he still struggles with backing off against pacey players, he is still a good defender and his forward play has improved immeasurably since last season.

He doesn't always back off, he's excellent at defending on the half way line.  I have no idea why he backs off at all because he can tackle.

couldn't agree more.

Capello has included Kyle Walker, who has had loan spells at QPR and has made 3 appearances for Villa. Meanwhile, he has left out Simpson wo has been playing very well in the PL for the whole season.  :idiot2: