Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

he should have been on more than 10k really. harsh considering how much he plays, probably less than half of what everyone else earns

Oh, aye, you wonder how the poor little lamb gets by.  Can't be easy scraping through on just £520k + bonuses a year, makes your heart bleed for him.

Greedy cunt, fuck off. You're really not that good.

Unnecessary abuse.

It's the most important contract of his career, if he thinks he can get a better offer elsewhere so be it. He'll move on, he's given us decent service.

That's modern football, whether we like it or not.

In this case I like it

He's such a 'meh' player in every aspect other than goal line clearances. Won't be bother if he stays, won't be bothered if he goes. If he stays he should be behind Perch, Santon and new LB (Pieters?) anyway.

Guest borat

Needs to have a chat with olly benard to discuss how his career went after knocking back 28k per week cos he thought he was better than that.

he should have been on more than 10k really. harsh considering how much he plays, probably less than half of what everyone else earns

Oh, aye, you wonder how the poor little lamb gets by.  Can't be easy scraping through on just £520k + bonuses a year, makes your heart bleed for him.

I've never understood why people make these posts.

Hes clearly got ideas above his station like. You think he'd have learned something from looking at Nolan, Barton, and Jose to a certain extent. The grass is most definitely not greener.

Reading deeper into this, i think alot of this is down to making sure that the club don't back down to player demands.

I think the club wants to be seen to being firm on contracts and wages, rewarding those whom they see as worthy of a new deal. I think Mike Ashley has been stung by his own decision to pay vast amounts to players who haven't performed, as well as those who he inherited.

We were quite happy to give big juicy deals to Krul and Coloccini, perhaps they aren't rewarding Simpson in the same fashion because of recomendations by Pardew?

Don't care if he leaves but I won't slag him off.  I know some have had issues with his attitude but lets be honest its a world away from some we've had in recent years...

Everyone at the club should be replaced if we can get better (Colo, Krul etc. included), so don't have a big problem if he goes.  Only slight worry I've got is our depth for next season, Tavernier still hasn't been offered a contract I don't think so I'm not sure what situation we'll be in regarding fullbacks, then again, I wouldn't want to bow down to stupid demands.

Sure the guy has been on our line this season to clear the ball away, the thing is though for every goal line clearance he's provided he's put us under unnecessary pressure at the back by not costing down, backing off, being a yard or 2 behind the attacker, not blocking the cross etc.

If he thinks he's deserves more then fine, go somewhere else and find it. He's a good back up, nothing more than that. I'd prefer R.Taylor ahead of him.