Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

BUT HE WON THE BALL.

So did Tiote at Stevenage, which was a red card all day.

:lol: Nice link to a completely irrelevant challenge.

:troll:

But in all seriousness, if you go in like that you're susceptible to being penalised by the ref. It can still be classed as dangerous play even if he's won the ball. It was the typical "lose the ball, desperately lunge in with both feet". You'll get booked all day long with that shit and i can't say i disagree. Players get severe injuries from shit like that and it needs to be cut out of the game. Simpson's wasn't as bad as a lot of cases, which is why he saw yellow instead of red.

So did Tiote at Stevenage, which was a red card all day.

They were two totally different tackles, Simpson went round the player, Tiote went in two footed if I remember right.

Simpson went in with both feet, but it just wasn't as aggressive. Hence yellow and not red. That's how i saw it anyway.

http://i44.tinypic.com/9pntog.jpg

Should be banned for life for going in from the side and cleanly taking the ball.

:laugh: Sarcy cunt.

On reflection it does look fairly clean there. I was whincing in real-time cos it looked like he was going in with both feet.

Might have to hold me hands up on this one.

Being booked is not an excuse for bottling a tackle. He didn't react quick enough and then left himself in absolute no mans land. He's not even within 50 yards of it when it goes in because as usual, he's not bothered getting his arse back.

I hope you're not one of those who defended Ryan Taylor earlier in the season when he gave the ball away on our left in roughly the same position which ended up in the back of our net and Simpson got the blame for that.

Should be banned for life for going in from the side and cleanly taking the ball.

He's gone through the man before taking the ball.

Aye see i'm torn. :lol:

I'm gonna go for a reserved 'it's a contentious decision but i can see why the ref gave it'.

Guest neesy111

I thought that as well.  Still not a Yellow Card offence.

Bollocks did he, he went around the player and came in from the side.

He's come in from the side, yes, but he's still gone through the man.

Guest neesy111

He's come in from the side, yes, but he's still gone through the man.

That happens in most tackles, if that tackle is to be deemed dangerous then just about every tackle should be.

If you take the man out 1st and then get the ball, then it is a foul.  It wasn't on this occasion.

Guest neesy111

If you take the man out 1st and then get the ball, then it is a foul.  It wasn't on this occasion.

Thanks for that, I had no idea that taking a man out is a foul.

:lol:

Guest neesy111

I don't know how a defender, even on a yellow card couldn't block the ball when they were face to face, it's baffling.

It's called bottling it.

The lad was at fault for their goal like.

Like some people have said, the yellow card really affected him. He essentially bottled it when it came to challenging Buckley. By doing so, it exposed our right hand side which gave Buckley so much space to run into.

Thought he put in a few decent balls today in the first half but really his performance was well below-par (he really did completely trail off as soon as he got that undeserved yellow card).