Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

The lad was at fault for their goal like.

Like some people have said, the yellow card really affected him. He essentially bottled it when it came to challenging Buckley. By doing so, it exposed our right hand side which gave Buckley so much space to run into.

Thought he put in a few decent balls today in the first half but really his performance was well below-par (he really did completely trail off as soon as he got that undeserved yellow card).

Nope. He was a liability before he picked it up and he was a liability whilst carrying the booking. It's debatable whether it was a yellow card, but it was a needless tackle to make and therefore he put himself in a vulnerable position. And besides, he would have bottled it anyway.

It is so glaringly obvious how shit this guy is yet he still gets a game ahead of Perch, Raylor and Tavernier. How many more games does Pardew want him to cost us before ditching him?

The lad was at fault for their goal like.

Like some people have said, the yellow card really affected him. He essentially bottled it when it came to challenging Buckley. By doing so, it exposed our right hand side which gave Buckley so much space to run into.

Thought he put in a few decent balls today in the first half but really his performance was well below-par (he really did completely trail off as soon as he got that undeserved yellow card).

Nope. He was a liability before he picked it up and he was a liability whilst carrying the booking. It's debatable whether it was a yellow card, but it was a needless tackle to make and therefore he put himself in a vulnerable position. And besides, he would have bottled it anyway.

It is so glaringly obvious how s*** this guy is yet he still gets a game ahead of Perch, Raylor and Tavernier. How many more games does Pardew want him to cost us before ditching him?

Like I've said, thought he put in a few decent balls today in the first half but really his performance was well below-par. His attacking play really lets him down tbh. If he actually bombed down the wing à la Santon, then we would have a great RB on our hands.

As it stands, I would put him down as a just about (not by much) above-average RB.

Guest Rey Mysterio

He can't defend either though. Which is why Ryan Taylor should be ahead of him in the pecking order every single time.

It was not a yellow card, won the ball

BUT if being on a yellow meant he was going to bottle any challenge then he might as well have asked to be substituted. There was no excuse for him not putting a challenge in and then then lack of effort to try and get back

He had a rubbish game BUT he was not alone in that regards

Simpson is a limited player, that much is clear. At best he will put in a decent performance defensively BUT he offers nothing going forward, can't control a ball, can't pass, can't cross, can't take people on etc etc - just long aimless punts, one after another

It was a yellow card because the refs have been told to clamp down on any lunge tackles. He was just angry as he'd mis controlled it. If he hadn't got the ball cleanly he'd have been off.

When we have everyone fit RB is the biggest weakness of the team. I wonder if he will try Ferguson at LB and switch Santon to the right? Makes offensive sense but as our success this season has been built on a tight defence and scoring the first goal I'm not sure Pards will go this far.

Can't blame him for not making a challenge, can blame him for getting into a position where he could not make the challenge; he got caught in 2 minds and that was that.

We still shouldn't have conceded the goal.

He was in a lose-lose.

If he bottles the challenge, he gets criticised for lack of effort etc.

If he makes the challenge, he gets sent off and criticised for making the challenge.

He was in a lose-lose.

If he bottles the challenge, he gets criticised for lack of effort etc.

If he makes the challenge, he gets sent off and criticised for making the challenge.

I'd rather he'd seen red to be honest. I don't think given time left, Brighton had the nous or bite to finish us off. As it was the midfield and right flank was left like an open door and a hard but aimless, shot ended up going in off a defender in the box, which is always more likely to happen if allowed respect like that. The above is moot anyway. He's shown consistently now that he is not good enough to a permenant fixure at RB at this level. Take away his athleticism and generally commendable professionalism and theres not much left to suppost his case.

I think he is weak mentally when ever he makes a mistake his head drops massively. We saw this yesterday and the other example that sticks in my mind is Anfield.

He made the free kick clanger and then he might as well not have been on the pitch as his head was gone after that incident, allowing that lot free reign down our right hand side.

At least with Danny Simpson he does have some good games with us. Our problem yesterday was at the other end of the pitch. Letting in one is fine, it can happen against the best. The fact we couldn't score against Brighton was the killer aspect.

Just been reading through his tweets. Nice to see him passing the buck for his error onto his team mates once again. Maybe if he started taking responsibility for his own mistakes he might actually improve as a player.

Just been reading through his tweets. Nice to see him passing the buck for his error onto his team mates once again. Maybe if he started taking responsibility for his own mistakes he might actually improve as a player.

Eh, where's this?

razorr666 Rory Ruddock

got back home to see the usual excuses from players about flukey goals @dannysimpson12. admit u were shit and didn't work hard enough #NUFC

15 hours ago

@dannysimpson12

Danny Simpson

@razorr666 shut up u egg

:facepalm:

Guest neesy111

I hope everyone understands why I hate Simpson so much. He's a gutless, blame-shifting little cunt and I fucking resent seeing his name on the teamsheet. No good.

I'm pretty much like this now.  Biggest weakness in the team now (with Ba and Cisse now back).

Eh, where's this?

Someone said to him he should have taken a foul for the team when he had the chance (he didn't even need to foul him tbh, just make a clean tackle) and he replied with "So did they not av a lot 2 do after that! Mug".

I think he is weak mentally when ever he makes a mistake his head drops massively. We saw this yesterday and the other example that sticks in my mind is Anfield.

He made the free kick clanger and then he might as well not have been on the pitch as his head was gone after that incident, allowing that lot free reign down our right hand side.

Hmmm yeah, this could very well be the case.....

Footballing ability and insults are similar then.  Who uses 'egg' as a comeback  :lol: :lol:

The bloke is a poor player, I keep saying I'd happily keep him as back up, but I'm starting to think even that is pointless.  If we fetched in a left back or right back in the summer, got a centre back in that could cover full back at a push, I would defo sell him.

Literally held both hands up as the brighton player shot passed him with ease to create their winning goal.

He needs to stop calling people eggs, and creating apps that are £0.69, and focus more on becoming a professional footballer for a club paying him thousands PW (Which he spends on tattoo sleeves)