Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

He's not a good player, never will be. But in football you need about 7 solid players and 4 on top who can win you the game, as long as you're well drilled. Leicester are proof and we're a classic example of what happens otherwise.

He's not a good player, never will be. But in football you need about 7 solid players and 4 on top who can win you the game, as long as you're well drilled. Leicester are proof and we're a classic example of what happens otherwise.

Yes this is pretty much well summed up. Also a defender needs to be able to defend first and foremost as part of the team framework. Simpson has done this with a humble club which has a great team spirit, and he is part of that. Janmaat is the exact opposite. No surprise really considering his national team are also a bunch of underachieving prima donnas.

Yes this is pretty much well summed up. Also a defender needs to be able to defend first and foremost as part of the team framework. Simpson has done this with a humble club which has a great team spirit, and he is part of that. Janmaat is the exact opposite. No surprise really considering his national team are also a bunch of underachieving prima donnas.

Aye.  Ian W doesn't like his defenders to be a good at things like defending. Heading the ball is uncouth.

Then why have you spent literally years advocating puny defenders who play the ball out well but are about as solid as a soup sandwich? :lol:

Well every player has different strengths and weaknesses. If a big lad doesn't get bullied then he gets rinsed by a fast striker. You have to balance that.

What I meant with 'solid' there was the kind of players Leicester have a few of. Not too many weaknesses, willing to work and follow instructions, play above themselves and not let the team down. Then you had a couple on top who have genuine ability.

This f***er used to point just as much as the Geordie Beckenbauer.

Think it was at the Emirates (maybe the 7-3?) when we had a throw-in near the end of the 90. He just pointed at the ball instead of defending after doing the worst throw-in ever witnessed in football, Arsenal went on to score and he was stood on the half way line where he took the throw in. Pleb.

Thought he was a more than capable right back. Virtually an ever present in the season we finished 5th and didn't he make something like 5 or 6 goal line clearances that season so he had a knack of being in the right place at the right time.

Clearly benefitting from proper coaching now.

Think it was at the Emirates (maybe the 7-3?) when we had a throw-in near the end of the 90. He just pointed at the ball instead of defending after doing the worst throw-in ever witnessed in football, Arsenal went on to score and he was stood on the half way line where he took the throw in. Pleb.

Forgot about that.

Don't think it was that game but I do remember it.

Forgot about that.

Think it was this game wasn't it? http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/17254808

Guest neesy111

Forgot about that.

Think it was this game wasn't it? http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/17254808

It was the 2-1.

Guest firetotheworks

About as relevant a topic as whether Chelsea should have sold solid Ian Pearce to Blackburn in 1993 or not.

Nothing makes me feel better than impending relegation and The likes of Danny Simpson closer to a champions medal. Fuck football.

I want Leicester to win it though, if anything it makes the season better. Aye Simpson is average, but it's a great story.

Nah man. I've said it before - my old man's team (he grew up there) and he and I don't get on well. Im sure he'll be smiling seeing us go down and his club he's not actively supported for  20 years (but now suddenly does) win the title. It's some anguish face inducing s***.