Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Set to sign a 5 year contract according to the Mail, not everyones cup of tea but I think he is decent and will be a decent squad player at the very least. Wouldn't want to rely on him too much in other positions but he is fairly versatile too.

No problem with that really. He's not the best going forward but if we get the attacking side right with the players we have targeted then it won't be so important. I quite like James Perch as well given the right set up in front of him.

Why?

Happy with this, at the end of the day he's by no means the weakest link in our team and his position doesnt need prioritising. He'll be on decent wages and with any luck will improve like he has done the season just gone.

He's the second weakest link in our side behind the lack of a quality striker.

Set to sign a 5 year contract according to the Mail, not everyones cup of tea but I think he is decent and will be a decent squad player at the very least. Wouldn't want to rely on him too much in other positions but he is fairly versatile too.

No problem with that really. He's not the best going forward but if we get the attacking side right with the players we have targeted then it won't be so important. I quite like James Perch as well given the right set up in front of him.

Why?

Read the post above yours.

I'll be a bit disappointed if Simpson is still first choice in a year or two. He's decent but I'd like to think we'd be looking to upgrade if at all possible. 

Perch is quick and good defensively. I know it's fashionable to slate him but then that happened with Colo and Enrique as well during their first season.

Tbf over the course of Colo 1st season most players got shit because we got relegated iirc.

Happy with this, at the end of the day he's by no means the weakest link in our team and his position doesnt need prioritising. He'll be on decent wages and with any luck will improve like he has done the season just gone.

Personally would say both the strikers we've been playing are weaker than him, and our other centre half has at least matched his perfomrances this season but by no means outshone him.

There is nothing drastically flawed in his game in my opinion, still relatively young and he can improve.

All in my opinion of course.

Guest Rey Mysterio

Personally would say both the strikers we've been playing are weaker than him, and our other centre half has at least matched his perfomrances this season but by no means outshone him.

There is nothing drastically flawed in his game in my opinion, still relatively young and he can improve.

I struggle to think of an area of his game that isn't drastically flawed.

Why?

Read the post above yours.

Ah, apologies. :thup:

Disagree entirely, mind. :lol: Absolute car-crash of a defender imo.

Ok! Well I disagree, he's not a bad right back. The PL isnt exactly brimming with excellent full backs you know, we're very lucky to have one of the exceptional ones.

If you're gonna name the best fullbacks in the league I'd hazard a guess and say Simpsons not gonna be near the bottom, which would be strange considering he's so drastically bad.

I know I'll get slated for this but I'd much rather we replaced Nolan before we replaced Simpson.

If Best had been fit, it would only be one striker weaker. As we're apparently going to be playing 4-3-3/4-5-1 next season, I'd still just class that as one. I also think Williamson has been much better at CB than Simpson has at RB.

He does have flaws in his game in my opinion, which have been highlighted on here a fair bit - backing off and a lack of anything going forward being the two main ones.

Guest Rey Mysterio

Ok! Well I disagree, he's not a bad right back. The PL isnt exactly brimming with excellent full backs you know, we're very lucky to have one of the exceptional ones.

If you're gonna name the best fullbacks in the league I'd hazard a guess and say Simpsons not gonna be near the bottom, which would be strange considering he's so drastically bad.

I know I'll get slated for this but I'd much rather we replaced Nolan before we replaced Simpson.

I'd be interested to hear who people think are worse right backs in the league. Not saying they'd be wrong but I certainly can't think of one.

I quite like James Perch as well given the right set up in front of him.

What, like a firing squad?

A good strong right winger like Gervinho or N'Zogbia would be ok I think.

I'd be interested to hear who people think are worse right backs in the league. Not saying they'd be wrong but I certainly can't think of one.

Id go as far as saying that in the entire team, the full backs are the least important position.

Perch is quick and good defensively. I know it's fashionable to slate him but then that happened with Colo and Enrique as well during their first season.

Perch may be quick, but he's not good defensively. He lacks any kind of control, vision, passing, tackling or positioning.

Coloccini got stick because he arrived for £10m and some people expected him to be amazing straight away, but he had a few iffy games and was then jumped on by some of the mongs we have here even though he did well in some other matches. Same with Enrique, he always looked (to me at least) that there was a good player in there.

Perch arrived for a tenth of Coloccini's fee, with nobody expecting anything from him and with people thinking he'd be nothing more than a backup squad player. He's consistently failed to live up to even that low expectation.

Very happy to see him tied up, average quality RB, but likeable character, tries hard and seems to be loving life and playing up here. Good for other players coming in and trying to settle.

I think he can step up a level or two as well but will require some competition to get the best out of him.

:lol:

I've nowt against the bloke but he's so far out of his depth at this level it's not funny.

:lol:

I've nowt against the bloke but he's so far out of his depth at this level it's not funny.

Like Best was this time last year. According to forum experts IIRC.