Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Guest firetotheworks

He's gone back to his indecisiveness in defending, tracking back and just letting defenders run at him. He looked like he'd cut that out when he was making incisive interceptions, but he's stopped doing that again. On the ball he always looks like the ball's out of his reach and always looks panicked and rushed. I still think he can sort it out, but his form's been below par for a while now.

We could do with a new right back, ideally, but it's not quite a priority for me.

A striker is top of my list, followed by a pacey winger/striker type.

I'd actually look to add a new center back to partner Colo before I'd target a RB. Neither Williamson or Taylor are good enough in that spot, and it's a more important position than full back IMO.

Steven Taylor and Simpson fighting for the starting RB spot next year would be alright with me, still think that's Taylor's best position.

Obviously if we're prepared to go out and bring in 5 or 6 quality new players then yeah, sign me up for a new RB, but more realistically we'll bring in 2 or 3 (3 or 4 actually if you include Enrique's replacement) and maybe a few young guys.

Guest firetotheworks

ST,

ST,

RW,

RB,

MF,

CB,

I don't think Williamson or Taylor need to be replaced as a priority at the moment, particularly Williamson. A replacement for Campbell is fine with 2 Strikers and at least one right winger as absolute priorities.

ST,

ST,

RW,

RB,

MF,

CB,

I don't think Williamson or Taylor need to be replaced as a priority at the moment, particularly Williamson. A replacement for Campbell is fine with 2 Strikers and at least one right winger as absolute priorities.

nail on fucking head, pretty disappointing to hear our first one through the door looks to be a CM

frankly if the club had any sense they'd have worked like fuck to have a good striker signing on early doors to give the fans something to hope for

as it is i'll expect them to fuck about again trying to get the best deal (nowt wrong with that) until it's more than likely too late

we've got fucking money, strikers cost money, spend the bastard

Guest firetotheworks

Tbf, I don't remember a single time in the summer when the priority position has been bought for first.

Tbf, I don't remember a single time in the summer when the priority position has been bought for first.

perhaps that's why we're a perpetual shambles? :lol:

nah i get that, no reason not to do a deal for a good player of course...i still think they should be killing themselves to get a good striker in, especially if we're going for someone other clubs are looking at, waiting 'til later in the summer rarely results in any good deals for strikers imo

Enrique has rarely let a cross in and it's even rarer that a winger has beaten him. That means Colo can hold a good position and keep his eye out for his man and any other runners who might be heading for the near post. Colo knows he probably doesn't have to rush towards a winger who's just cruised past the LB or is being given so much room he can ping a cross in without much problem. The helps Colo out massively imo. Looking at the otherside, i think Simpson's unwillingness to get tight to a player gives the CB nearest him all sorts of problems.

He's got the pace so i really don't understand his reluctance.

He's been described as our Rio Ferdinand.................in terms of Twitter that is:

@dannysimpson12 Danny Simpson

Haha ur not wrong bro RT @David_GmD: It seems @dannysimpson12 is officially the @rioferdy5 for @NUFCOfficial on twitter,love it!

@dannysimpson12 Danny Simpson

On a real level, I'm in the middle of doing my app, what would u likke 2 see on it?

Guest VegasToon

He young and just finish his first year in the prem.  He wasn't great, but wasn't poor either.  I'd rather wait another year before we say we need another RB.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Tbf, he is made to look very average because of what Enrique can do on the other side

Set to sign a 5 year contract according to the Mail, not everyones cup of tea but I think he is decent and will be a decent squad player at the very least. Wouldn't want to rely on him too much in other positions but he is fairly versatile too.

Don't really agree with a 5 year contract, we could do better

Don't think we would have any problem selling him. He would only be 29 at the end of it and it's not like we are going to be paying him masive wages.

Just means if we progress enough for him to not even be considering good enough as back up we will be able to get a decent sum for him.

Don't really agree with a 5 year contract, we could do better

He's almost certainly on squad player wages, similar to Williamson. If we want to improve on him we sign somebody else and he drops to the bench, no biggie.

Set to sign a 5 year contract according to the Mail, not everyones cup of tea but I think he is decent and will be a decent squad player at the very least. Wouldn't want to rely on him too much in other positions but he is fairly versatile too.

No problem with that really. He's not the best going forward but if we get the attacking side right with the players we have targeted then it won't be so important. I quite like James Perch as well given the right set up in front of him.

No problem with that really. He's not the best going forward but if we get the attacking side right with the players we have targeted then it won't be so important. I quite like James Perch as well given the right set up in front of him.

:harry:

I'll be a bit disappointed if Simpson is still first choice in a year or two. He's decent but I'd like to think we'd be looking to upgrade if at all possible. 

Happy with this, at the end of the day he's by no means the weakest link in our team and his position doesnt need prioritising. He'll be on decent wages and with any luck will improve like he has done the season just gone.

I'll be a bit disappointed if Simpson is still first choice in a year or two. He's decent but I'd like to think we'd be looking to upgrade if at all possible. 

Perch is quick and good defensively. I know it's fashionable to slate him but then that happened with Colo and Enrique as well during their first season.