Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

I know he's improved, but he just doesn't look confident or positive enough to me, either in defence or attack. He rarely tries to intercept the ball and doesn't get close to his winger. It's all very commendable to keep yourself goal-side like that and avoid getting beaten, but it's too easy for his opponent to get a cross in.

He still needs to up his game, and I'm afraid I don't see it happening. I'd be looking for a replacement.

Can't really argue with that. Defensively he can do a job but is light years behind the likes of Enrique, and his crossing is fairly haphazard. At least he's fit and mobile though, and he seems to have a good attitude.

Guest Heneage

Who on earth would have him?

Overly harsh, any of the bottom half would consider him.

Guest icemanblue

The limited bit? Or, too big for his boots?

I think he reckons he's made it now, and is too comfortable knowing his place in the team is assured. Too many lapses in concentration. Comes across as a bit of a bell on the Twitter, too. Always retweeting the England bollocks that others come out with, even as his performances have declined.

Guest icemanblue

Probably. I haven't always felt this way about him, it's only really in recent months. He's getting on my tits. :lol:

It's a good thing the club doesn't judge players based on the bifurcated standard of "amazing" or "not good enough for the prem sell immediately."

This.  He is a decent RB who could be very good in the future.  We'd do very well to find a better RB who'd be willing to come to our club under our wage structure.

Guest Geordiesned

Is it me or does he far too often let the opposing winger get a cross in?

It's his biggest flaw. He constantly backs off and doesn't get tight enough to the winger.

It's his biggest flaw. He constantly backs off and doesn't get tight enough to the winger.

This.

Guest toonlass

His backing off annoys the hell out of me.

Its his utter lack of confidence in the attacking half that annoys me the most. I mean come on, you could at least _try_ to dribble past the winger jumping at you before putting in a cross.

Massive problem for him. Really seems to have lost a lot of confidence, must regain in time for next season.

He doesn't do it as recklessly as people like to think. Sometimes it's necessary.

He's improved majorly from last season.A similar type improvement would see him in the England squad imo.

Not really sure where the England talk has come from tbh. He'd need to improve his distribution a hell of a lot to be international standard.

He's improved majorly from last season.A similar type improvement would see him in the England squad imo.

Not really sure where the England talk has come from tbh. He'd need to improve his distribution a hell of a lot to be international standard.

a lot has to do with the utter lack of decent english right backs, glen johnson is the only decent one and he's got major flaws in that he can't defend to save his life so any half way performing english rb gets linked for internationals

While I agree I think it boils down to the pathetic amount of right backs England have at thier disposal. In a world where Glen Johnson is top dog you have to worry.