Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Depending on how we end up strengthening other more important areas i would not mind us go for a better RB and have him as backup, i would say that he's our weakest link apart from our so called strike force!

Is it me or does he far too often let the opposing winger get a cross in?

It's his biggest flaw. He constantly backs off and doesn't get tight enough to the winger.

His backing off annoys the hell out of me.

He was very poor against Birmingham. He had more space than usual and less containment to do after the sending off, and he still failed to stop the cross from Beausejour more often than not. At times he makes no attempt at all to block the cross.

If we somehow buy a striker, another striker, a right winger, a left winger, a backup DM, (all of which are significantly better than the players currently playing those roles) and a replacement for Enrique if necessary, I'd start thinking about supplanting Simpson.

Even then it's a toss-up with Williamson as to who needs to lose his place first.

If we somehow buy a striker, another striker, a right winger, a left winger, a backup DM, (all of which are significantly better than the players currently playing those roles) and a replacement for Enrique if necessary, I'd start thinking about supplanting Simpson.

Even then it's a toss-up with Williamson as to who needs to lose his place first.

Spot on.

Made Beausejour look like Messi. Would seriously consider bringing in another RB.

Spot on.

Explain ???

Made Beausejour look like Messi. Would seriously consider bringing in another RB.

Spot on.

Explain ???

He's been good for us. If I was manager, next season would be make or break for him. He's young, and has grafted for us. He deserves a proper chance. Although, there would be no harm bringing in a younger player to compete for his position.

Oh, ok. To me, someone 'seriously needing replacing' is canny polar opposite to being 5th or 6th on the list of players needing replacing. I do speak quite sensible English though, so I suppose it's my fault.

I said I'd consider bringing in a replacement - not necessarily bring one in.

Doesn't matter though, can't see him being replaced this summer.

If people think we need to replace him it just shows how extreme their views are.... He is the 7the or 8the best players we have at the club and we are no where near in replacing those players.... Clubs like Man Shity replace players like that we dont... We should give the lad a lengthy contract...

Doesn't need replacing whatsoever atm. It is his first proper season in the Premiership and he has done alright (well, he has exceeded my expectations at least). Hopefully he'll improve next season, if not then we might have to explore other options.

In any case, I'd keep him at the club.

Guest Rey Mysterio

After strikers he is definitely the first guy that needs replacing. Usually poor, occasionally dreadful. Needs to sort his attitude out too. He spends far too long protesting his innocence, trying to blame others for his shortcomings.

Guest Shaun

I think all he needs is a few tweaks. He gets into the right positions defensively and attacking wise.