Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

I think th Simpson bashing is a bit over the top. The first two games he was solid and Scunthorpe was a collective poor show. He's not a top class full back and long term it would beneficial to upgrade him. As it stands though, I'm not hugely concerned that he's in the side.

Agree with this. Even if we had Barcelona's players we'd be scapegoating some weak link. Just what being a fan is all about I suppose, always looking for their club to sign new players.

for the record i've never called him shit, i actually think in general he's a solid PL player. this is my thinking though, having two natural footed full backs who can get forward would transform our attacking play even more than a new forward (imo). now that we've got Santon it shouldnt be too much of a stretch to go back in for one of the LB's we missed out on and make this happen, Simpson would obviously lose his place.

for the record i've never called him s***, i actually think in general he's a solid PL player. this is my thinking though, having two natural footed full backs who can get forward would transform our attacking play even more than a new forward (imo). now that we've got Santon it shouldnt be too much of a stretch to go back in for one of the LB's we missed out on and make this happen, Simpson would obviously lose his place.

I think th Simpson bashing is a bit over the top. The first two games he was solid and Scunthorpe was a collective poor show. He's not a top class full back and long term it would beneficial to upgrade him. As it stands though, I'm not hugely concerned that he's in the side.

:thup:

I'm still hopeful that he'll develop into a canny right back but that's just me.

Guest Rey Mysterio

I'm still hopeful that he'll develop into a canny right back but that's just me.

If at any stage in his career he turns into a canny right back, I'll drink my own piss  :pow:

If at any stage in his career he turns into a canny right back, I'll drink my own p*ss  :pow:

Quoted for future reference O0

Definitely not just you mate, IIRC most people were relieved that he was making such big improvements to his game and was showing his potential.

I still think he's a fairly decent player going through a slightly bad patch - he's just the trendy person to have a go at on here at the moment.

Guest Randy Savage

Simpson looked distinctly mediocre in the Sunderland championship winning side of 2006/07. Much preferred (and still do) Phil Bardsley.

I still wish we'd signed Hutton though. He was class on loan at our place and better than the other two put together.