Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

If he goes this winter window I could see us getting £4m or more from teams such as Blackburn, no doubt I'd be quite happy with that kind of fee. If we could get something for Raylor and invest the lot in to a RB or LB as good as santon, younger Enrique then it's a good move all round.

Speeding is idiotic, but wish him and his family all the best. Doesn't sound like he's having a very good time of it at the minute.

Chin up Danny. :thup:

Pardew said after the match that he brought Simpson off because 'he'd had a tough week'. Obviously he's having a few problems with his personal life at the minute which is sad to see.

@wormy, I think it's the latter.

Maybe he's burnt his bridges with the things he's said in the past in support of Nolan, Barton etc.

We've replaced the others, and you'd have to think we could do the same with him. Even with the limited funds we've been using on transfers.

I don't think it would be that difficult to replace him, I'm not a Simmo hater and don't think he's nearly as bad as some make out. At the moment though I would be happy to bring Santon in instead of Simmo rather than Taylor. To be fair to Taylor although no world beater has been ok at LB this season and his performances regardless of the goals have been better than Simmo's!

Interesting. Is it based on how he thinks his manager feels about him? Or the way he's seen so many others near the end of their contracts turfed out?

Probably the fact that the club were happy to sell him to Villa last Summer and he was on his way there to speak to them until the deal was called off might have given him a clue that he is not in Pardew's long-term plans espcially as the club do not have the excuse of him being a high wage earner or wanting out.

Interesting stuff. Sounds like he's had a tough time with the baby, but obviously it doesn't excuse his speeding and the claims about not being able to afford taxis etc are ridiculous, even on a 'low' Premier League wage.

I don't think he's anything like as bad as some make out - he played virtually every game last year and has been part of this fantastic run we're enjoying - but he's relatively easily replaceable.

Seems a bit daft for him to have pleaded exceptional hardship as well. Rarely works unless the applicant would either lose their job or a significant hardship to another would be caused.

oddly enough wouldn't mind keeping Raylor for utility cover, he's in the end been alright at left back. Get a new leftback, Santon move over to right, Raylor in as cover, I'll be happy

given the choice two m onth ago how many would have chose raylor over simpson, think how best got dogs abuse. maybe there a people at ther club who see more in some players than we do ?

If we were to move him on, we'd absolutely have to keep R.Taylor, or we'd have basically no cover for either full back positions (Pardew doesn't seem to want to give Ferguson a chance there and Tavernier is probably not ready/good enough).

I'd be happy to move Santon to the right side and bring in another left back, if he'd be of the quality we were linked with in the summer.

Guest icemanblue

If he could sort out the backing off, he'd be an alright fullback for us, but the fact when people run at him he backs off so much they start cutting into our box makes me ridiculously nervous.

He also offers very, very little going forward. If he's running on to a ball, he can put in a decent cross. However, when he has to work the ball, it's clear he has very limited technical ability.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north-east-news/evening-chronicle-news/2011/10/19/danny-simpson-in-driving-ban-despite-baby-plea-72703-29621783/

Most interesting part:

Simpson said in terms of his future at Newcastle, he was fully expecting to be put on the transfer list. He said: “There is a chance in the future that I will be moving, whether in the transfer window in January or in the summer.

“I have 18 months’ life on my contract and I don’t think it will go past that.”

He was on the transfer list in the summer wasn't he? It seems like Pardew tried to shove a rocket up his jax or sees what everybody else does i.e. he's an average defender...

If we get an adequate replacement get rid although I would get Perch out of the door before Simpson.

Pretty negative comments from him aswell.... Santon on saturday!!!!

Man up Danny.

'Just for the record Cabaye has the perfect man jaw'

Man up yersel. O0

To be fair if I was in court with that many points on their licence, I'd go into full woe is me mode to stay on the road.

The things he has said are telling though (unlikely to get another contract etc), and the stress caused by his kids illness is not to be sniffed at and not exaggerated going by his tweets over the last few months. Seems like a decent lad.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Sorry that was a really harsh post from me there :lol:

I thought he was just flouncing, I missed all the ill baby driving ban article. Ah well busy & posting in a rush, nice one. :lol:

When asked by prosecutor Fiona Varley if he could not hire a chauffeur, Simpson replied: “I don’t see a chauffeur as an option because they cost a lot of money.

“I’d have to rely on teammates and taxis.

“I earn less money than most Premiership players although I am on good money.”

Poor Danny, there's always the bus.

If we had the resources I'd say give him 2 or 3 weeks off. He needs it. He doesn't seem like the most resolute of characters, nice guy, but not thick skinned. He'll be kacking himself about his kid and the arguments with his wife, he won't be able to 'turn off' from that for training and matches etc. Shame for him as he is the next player in line in the team to be upgraded, timing is terrible. He deserves more from us as fans though. We're applauded up and down the country for being supportive fans, that needs to be the same for players with problems as well as those playing well.

Reading a lot of the comments on here, especially about the likes of Simpson, we sound like a bunch of internet geeks happy to rip in to players and call them worse than s****. f***ing dispicible sometimes. He's still our RB and if he's down about whatever then we are exposed at RB in games. Isn't it our job to help strengthen/improve performances through support? Or get giddy and excited about being c***s and making him feel even worse therefore being even weaker at RB, then he makes more mistakes so we slate him more.

Canny pathetic imo.

Guest icemanblue

If we had the resources I'd say give him 2 or 3 weeks off. He needs it. He doesn't seem like the most resolute of characters, nice guy, but not thick skinned. He'll be kacking himself about his kid and the arguments with his wife, he won't be able to 'turn off' from that for training and matches etc. Shame for him as he is the next player in line in the team to be upgraded, timing is terrible. He deserves more from us as fans though. We're applauded up and down the country for being supportive fans, that needs to be the same for players with problems as well as those playing well.

Reading a lot of the comments on here, especially about the likes of Simpson, we sound like a bunch of internet geeks happy to rip in to players and call them worse than s****. f***ing dispicible sometimes. He's still our RB and if he's down about whatever then we are exposed at RB in games. Isn't it our job to help strengthen/improve performances through support? Or get giddy and excited about being c***s and making him feel even worse therefore being even weaker at RB, then he makes more mistakes so we slate him more.

Canny pathetic imo.

Alright up there, mate?

None of this has been personal, at least from me. He's obviously a good lad, and I even follow him on the Twitter. But, I just don't think he's a very good footballer. I'm not going to sugar coat that because he's having a rough time.

Canny pathetic imo.

Alright up there, mate?

None of this has been personal, at least from me. He's obviously a good lad, and I even follow him on the Twitter. But, I just don't think he's a very good footballer. I'm not going to sugar coat that because he's having a rough time.

It's not aimed at anyone in particular, but a lot of people seem to jump at the chance to call someone a cunt or a like. Of course he's not a very good footballer, that's surely not in question, but like I said, he still starts for us, and the 'fans' acting like children towards him isn't going to do us any favours.