Sheffield Wednesday 2-2 Newcastle United - 26/12/09 - post match from page 11

Nate

I didn't know you were there today Dave.

Aye.

Were you with an old kinda man with a blue adidas jacket on right near the wednesday fans?

Nope.

Ok, the Wednesday lot are a strange lot, kicking off between themselves about 3 or 4 times!

The toon fans that managed to get in the wednesday end was quite amusing too!

We didn't win because we we're playing Ameobi...regardless of his goal.

We only play long ball with him and he's such a lazy twat with a rubbish touch, no speed, no creativity, no passing or crossing, can't hold it up and loses it more than Butt!

Its outrageous that Lovenkrand didnt play! If we'd played it along the floor at all we'd have ripped them apart. The ball hoofed like that is always going to end up 50:50. If we passed and moved we'd have waltzed through that lot.

We were atrocious! only players passing along the floor were Colo and Enrique.

Pancrate was very poor, Butt was our best player second half because he was always having to intercept their possession then give it away again...it was them against Butt really. Piss Poor!

Very poor decisons from Hughton today. He needs to grow a pair and drop people!

Signed on a free from Germany.....LOVENKRANDS

Dreadful performance from front to back today, and again the manager takes the majority of the blame IMO.

Got the tactics wrong all over the park.  We should be going to sides who haven't fucking scored this month (apparently) and just beating them by imposing ourselves on the game and putting them away.

Again however we sit back and invite these sides on, which is becoming a pattern away from home, and without any proper protection (ie Butt and Nolan playing together in the centre) the back 4 looks vulnerable.

Today that caused us to go a goal down which seemed to spark the players & we then get in front.  Once Hughton gets hold of them at half time, we revert to the negative sitting back tactic which has become his trademark.

Guest neesy111

Dreadful performance from front to back today, and again the manager takes the majority of the blame IMO.

Got the tactics wrong all over the park.  We should be going to sides who haven't fucking scored this month (apparently) and just beating them by imposing ourselves on the game and putting them away.

Again however we sit back and invite these sides on, which is becoming a pattern away from home, and without any proper protection (ie Butt and Nolan playing together in the centre) the back 4 looks vulnerable.

Today that caused us to go a goal down which seemed to spark the players & we then get in front.  Once Hughton gets hold of them at half time, we revert to the negative sitting back tactic which has become his trademark.

that's spot on, no matter how well we're doing in results, if performance's aren't improving which they aren't, then i worry very much next season

if we go up, he'll be sacked within 6 games imo

Guest firetotheworks

Wednesday fans reckon Nicky Butt was "a class apart" and our best player who "never gave the ball away".

That is, quite literally in a football supporters sense, a beggars belief.

Forgetting about Nicky Butt's utter overall shitness, I think one of the main things we missed today was Smith's aerial ability. Butt barely won a header all game and they could turn defence into attack very easily. Smith is pretty dominant in the air and that's important for us as we tend to play deep away from home, with the defensive midfielder contesting a lot of aerial challenges.

Butt had a fairly mixed game today. Lost loads of balls as usual but did seem to pick up the knack of clearing the ball from the penalty area when Colo and Enrique had finished faffing about with it under pressure.

Still needs to be dropped obviously for Monday. No way can his legs play two games in three days ffs.

A real cock-up for the first goal. Colo was easily the best placed to close the cross down but he stayed put. I don't know how it's organised but whether or not it was Jonas's job to watch the corner taker, in that situation Colo should have taken the initiative and relied on a team-mate to cover the area that he was vacating. Colo isn't a leader.

The second goal was a clear foul and illustrated how poor the refereeing is in this division compared to the Premiership. Mind you, I think many keepers would have elected to punch the ball because you can't always rely on referees. It also balanced out Shola's offside goal.

The difference between this performance and previous ones is the difference between Butt and Smith. Smith can pass the ball quicker and more accurately into the player who is in the best position.

I know that coaches say you should play the way you're facing, but the trouble with Butt is he can only play the way he's facing. He very rarely switches the direction of the attack and it's very easy to tell what he's going to try to do.

All in all, lucky to get a draw.

I'm getting sickof this shit like. 8 away games in the space of 2 years and I'm yet to see a win, 6 years without one, Im cursed I tells thee.  :angry:

I seen the guy in the mankini! I was right at the front near the 6 or 7 guys painted black and they lad (poorly) dressed as an oompa loompa.

Shite performance and a draw scraped by the skin of our teeth. Havn't seen the goals agaom yet but apparently Harper was at fault for their equalizer and ours 2nd was 3 yards offside. This long ball football wont get us far next season like. We havn't got the players to implement it sucessfully, hence why we were shite today and on many other occaisions this season. When Carroll came on it looked like the temptation to just whack it up to the big lad and feed off the scraps was just too much to resist for the players.

Jonas was poor and Pancrate, christ he simply looked like he didnt know what he was doing. Harewood was useless, his final performance summed up his loan spell for me, dissapointed with him. It looks like whatever corparate cunt who picked MOTM was having a lauh at Butt's expense and taking the piss, either that or they were a fuckin' moron.

Our support wasnt fantastic today mind, in the first half we were pretty loud, in fine voice then in the 2nd half we barely sang at all, probably to do with an early kick off and alot not being as tanked up combined with a poor performance.

f***ing Wednesday fans singing 'where were you when you were s***?'

Erm, was I missing something?

They're Yorkshiremen.

Nothing else needs to be said.

Sheff Wed fans are an ever-dwindling pack of thick c*nts.