Report: New kit deal agreed with Puma

Dave

Guest malandro

Changed my mind on them.

Puma have f***ed it up. They look cheap and nasty and the 'Toon Army' thing is the big f*** you from Puma. The away and 3rd ones must have taken about 30 seconds each to design. Granted, the home one has taken a bit longer to f*** up - with the white s*** around the badge, sticking the puma in the wrong place, having the box around the sponsor etc. They had the perfect chance to take their time to design a spanking new kit to put adidas to shame and they've f***ed it up. They're w***.

Have they? They spent the bare minimum on the design process to come up with what looks like a kit with non league production costs, but supporters will still buy them in their tens of thousands because that’s what they do.

If this is the real kit a NUST orginsed boycott might not be a bad idea, force them to stop treating us like mugs and come up with a s*** hot design?

:lol:

They're still counting the £7m a month Ashley is taking out of the club & plotting how to buy it off him for £100m man.

Aye but if they weren't they could raise some money by running a design a kit competition and taking pre-orders for production versions of the winner.  There’s been a few fan created mock ups knocking about that are way better than this crap + no crappy sponsor and no crappy patch on the back. TOFFs stuff is canny but they don’t use modern fabrics.

Changed my mind on them.

Puma have f***ed it up. They look cheap and nasty and the 'Toon Army' thing is the big f*** you from Puma. The away and 3rd ones must have taken about 30 seconds each to design. Granted, the home one has taken a bit longer to f*** up - with the white s*** around the badge, sticking the puma in the wrong place, having the box around the sponsor etc. They had the perfect chance to take their time to design a spanking new kit to put adidas to shame and they've f***ed it up. They're w***.

Have they? They spent the bare minimum on the design process to come up with what looks like a kit with non league production costs, but supporters will still buy them in their tens of thousands because thats what they do.

If this is the real kit a NUST orginsed boycott might not be a bad idea, force them to stop treating us like mugs and come up with a s*** hot design?

:lol:

They're still counting the £7m a month Ashley is taking out of the club & plotting how to buy it off him for £100m man.

Aye but if they weren't they could raise some money by running a design a kit competition and taking pre-orders for production versions of the winner.  Theres been a few fan created mock ups knocking about that are way better than this crap + no crappy sponsor and no crappy patch on the back. TOFFs stuff is canny but they dont use modern fabrics.

That's all on their manifesto for buying the club IIRC.

Guest malandro

Well a shirt is a shirt at the end of the day, I'm not fussed

Is the right answer.  Plenty of people will buy it, including those here who are saying they hate it.

Which is why we end up with lazy designs.

Changed my mind on them.

Puma have fucked it up. They look cheap and nasty and the 'Toon Army' thing is the big fuck you from Puma. The away and 3rd ones must have taken about 30 seconds each to design. Granted, the home one has taken a bit longer to fuck up - with the white shit around the badge, sticking the puma in the wrong place, having the box around the sponsor etc. They had the perfect chance to take their time to design a spanking new kit to put adidas to shame and they've fucked it up. They're wank.

Couldnt have put it any better.

The 'Toon Army' thing is an abomination. Shows how out of touch they are with their customers. The strips 'cheapness' and the general lack of effort and imagination shown in their designs shows how much they dont give a fuck about having a club like NUFC on their books. :thdn:

Sorry to have to ask, must have missed it somewhere else, but what 'Toon Army' thing? ???

Changed my mind on them.

Puma have fucked it up. They look cheap and nasty and the 'Toon Army' thing is the big fuck you from Puma. The away and 3rd ones must have taken about 30 seconds each to design. Granted, the home one has taken a bit longer to fuck up - with the white shit around the badge, sticking the puma in the wrong place, having the box around the sponsor etc. They had the perfect chance to take their time to design a spanking new kit to put adidas to shame and they've fucked it up. They're wank.

The 'Toon Army' thing is an abomination. Shows how out of touch they are with their customers. The strips 'cheapness' and the general lack of effort and imagination shown in their designs shows how much they dont give a fuck about having a club like NUFC on their books.  :thdn:

Sorry to have to ask, must have missed it somewhere else, but what 'Toon Army' thing? ???

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,66687.msg2334623.html#msg2334623

It's on the previous page. O0

Changed my mind on them.

The 'Toon Army' thing is an abomination. Shows how out of touch they are with their customers. The strips 'cheapness' and the general lack of effort and imagination shown in their designs shows how much they dont give a fuck about having a club like NUFC on their books.  :thdn:

Fuck you you WUM!  :lol:

Guest Mantis

Those newcastle logos are clearly shit transfers stuck over the stripes rather than stitched in.  Looks absolute turd.  Unless uncle Mike is knocking these out for a fiver, I wont be punishing the bairns with wearing the striped version.

Changed my mind on them.

The 'Toon Army' thing is an abomination. Shows how out of touch they are with their customers. The strips 'cheapness' and the general lack of effort and imagination shown in their designs shows how much they dont give a fuck about having a club like NUFC on their books. :thdn:

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,66687.msg2334623.html#msg2334623

It's on the previous page. O0

:lol: Right oh, cheers... :blush:

That is fucking cretinously embarrassing. And so's the "toon army" thing. :facepalm:

Changed my mind on them.

I wasn't being a WUM, actually. :(

Changed my mind on them.

I wasn't being a WUM, actually. :(

:lol: Soz mate its just this thread, you know? You can never be sure if someone is winding you up or not!

Anyone know when Adidas will be releasing our new kit like?

The home shirt would be alright if the puma wasn't in completely the wrong spot.

Completely ruins it.

Surely if they put the Puma cat where it should be then it would have to be black to stand out on the white stripe? I think that's their reasoning behind it tbh, don't see why we couldn't just have the crest and sponsor aligned down the centre like on last seasons strip though.

The home shirt would be alright if the puma wasn't in completely the wrong spot.

Completely ruins it.

Surely if they put the Puma cat where it should be then it would have to be black to stand out on the white stripe? I think that's their reasoning behind it tbh, don't see why we couldn't just have the crest and sponsor aligned down the centre like on last seasons strip though.

Would have been the obvious thing to do, aye.

Or even have a white cat with black trim or something, it'd stand out just fine.

Ah well, the long wait for an actual nice home kit goes on I guess. :lol:

Completely ruins it.

Give over, man. That would have looked like a cat leaping over the club crest. That would just have looked stupid...which come to think of it wouldn't probably matter all that much now we've seen this abomination.

I actually quite like the blue away top, all it needs is SAMSUNG on the front and LAMPARD on the back and we'll be league winners in that. Oh...and it would also need something else on it...

Adidas. :(

Completely ruins it.

I don't think so.  Just did this on Paint, it looks much better imo.  Still not great or owt mind.

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/1315/nufcv.jpg