Report: New kit deal agreed with Puma

Dave

Bit of a long shot, but could the iron badges etc suggest that we are simply buying these shirts from Puma and that maybe they aren't paying us to wear their tops. This way, we could be paying about a quid per unit out of Ashley's sweat shops in Thailand, and making all the profit for ourselves. Bearing in mind how many tops we sell, wouldn't this generate more cash for the club. Pretty shite showing if it is like.

Look at the shite advertising man, they're using the dressing rooms and a couple of coat hangers to take pictures. 

:lol:

this crossed my mind but wasn't the deal announced a while back?

It was announced that they would be making our strips for the next two years, there was no mention of how much we were getting paid etc........

Bit of a long shot, but could the iron badges etc suggest that we are simply buying these shirts from Puma and that maybe they aren't paying us to wear their tops. This way, we could be paying about a quid per unit out of Ashley's sweat shops in Thailand, and making all the profit for ourselves. Bearing in mind how many tops we sell, wouldn't this generate more cash for the club. Pretty shite showing if it is like.

Look at the shite advertising man, they're using the dressing rooms and a couple of coat hangers to take pictures. 

:lol:

this crossed my mind but wasn't the deal announced a while back?

It was announced that they would be making our strips for the next two years, there was no mention of how much we were getting paid etc........

be worth some smart arse digging up that press release - profit sharing deal negotiated by ashley would explain how fuckin cheap they look and how much effort has gone into the design!!!

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Be in no rush to buy one, but probably pick it up on the cheap just to add to the collection.

Guest malandro

It's not the worst thing I've ever seen. The way some of you lot are going on you'd think it made your eyes bleed. At the end of the day it's the same black and white stripes we've had for years with a bit of dodgy badge placement.

I don't know what people were expecting anyway.

I think they were excepting PUMA to come up with a strip that made a statement about how much they valued having NUFC as a client. What they’ve got is a shirt that says they don’t give a shit.

It's not the worst thing I've ever seen. The way some of you lot are going on you'd think it made your eyes bleed. At the end of the day it's the same black and white stripes we've had for years with a bit of dodgy badge placement.

I don't know what people were expecting anyway.

I think they were excepting PUMA to come up with a strip that made a statement about how much they valued having NUFC as a client. What they’ve got is a shirt that says they don’t give a shit.

yep, new manufacturer, newly promoted etc.

what better way to sell loads of shirts and cement good sales by putting in 24 hours effort and designing something smart as fuck (like they've done for spurs)?  instead of just getting the template up on the design programme and drawing some black lines on it

if they'd come out with great strip to start it would have made people warm to them, a bit like Adidas did with the grandad collar strip

Guest Roger Kint

Have we seen what the back is like yet?

Looking at the Carroll one it seems the white stripe bends round the lower back similar to the 08/09(?) shirt so theres stripes under the patch.