Jermaine Beckford signs for Everton. Yey!

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I don't particularly want any of them but I think if I had to go with someone it would be Beckford. Hopefully we can get a deal done early into the window.

there are people against signing boyd, and people against signing beckford....chances are, ultimately, neither of them are PL quality. but we're not there yet and spending a couple of million to ensure we get there is totally worth it. long term thinking is nice, but theres many situations where short term is vital. this is one of those. and for the championship, boyd and beckford are definitely good enough.

Guest toonlass

there are people against signing boyd, and people against signing beckford....chances are, ultimately, neither of them are PL quality. but we're not there yet and spending a couple of million to ensure we get there is totally worth it. long term thinking is nice, but theres many situations where short term is vital. this is one of those. and for the championship, boyd and beckford are definitely good enough.

We have strikers who can perform at this level tho. We could really do with a creative midfielder before a striker imo.

We have strikers who can perform at this level tho. We could really do with a creative midfielder before a striker imo.

definitely. all thats missing for our strikers is good service. otherwise they'd have 10 goals each, and we wouldnt be linked with any more. priority should definitely be a creative player, ideally on the wing.

but if hughton has his heart set on a striker, boyd and beckford are both fine choices at this time.

Jermaine Beckford has put his £2million switch to Newcastle on hold - so he can help Leeds try to shoot down Manchester United at Old Trafford.

Beckford is close to striking a deal with Chris Hughton's Championship leaders that will see him move to St James' Park in the transfer window.

Beckford has become one of the hottest properties outside the Premier League.

But he is keen to delay his move to Tyneside so he can take his place in Simon Grayson's side for Sunday's FA Cup third round showdown with Sir Alex Ferguson's men.

The League One leaders are hoping to pull off a shock win over Sir Alex Ferguson's men and Beckford is desperate to have a crack at United.

A Leeds source said: "There is no way Jermaine will want to miss the chance to play United at Old Trafford.

"He might not be a Leeds player for too much longer, but his move can wait until after this tie has taken place."

from the Mirror...

well, question the source if you will, but sounds as if talks are a little bit further than we thought? total bollocks probably like!

the star concurs though it sounds like bullshit to me, why would leeds play someone who wasnt going to be there shortly after in whats the biggest game for them in some time.

perhaps to let him go out on a high, should they pull off the nigh on impossible beating of man united? or to give them a better chance against man united, so as to give the leeds folk the oneupmanship over the 'scum', if they managed it?

when i compared beckford to andy cole, i meant as a striker who'd been in form coming in who could help us kick on to promotion, not that he is actually andy cole

Guest Roger Kint

Cole scored 41 goals in a season for us when he was 21-22. When Beckford was that age he on loan at Uxford, spot the difference.

Ian Wright was 22 when he debuted in League Football, Sir Les was around Beckfords age when he started playing for QPR, obviously no comparison talentwise but proof that its possible to make a late start.

Guest geordienorway

Cole scored 41 goals in a season for us when he was 21-22. When Beckford was that age he on loan at Uxford, spot the difference.

Ian Wright was 22 when he debuted in League Football, Sir Les was around Beckfords age when he started playing for QPR, obviously no comparison talentwise but proof that its possible to make a late start.

Guiza is another good example.

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

I'd prefer Boyd over Beckford, but also think a move for David Nugent at Pompey wouldn't be a bad idea if they need money.

I'd prefer Boyd over Beckford, but also think a move for David Nugent at Pompey wouldn't be a bad idea if they need money.

Signed for Burnley, not sure if its a loan or permanent, though.

loan, though they want to make it permanent in jan

Guest toonlass

There is a certain striker having a medical now at MGH!

?

N fkn NGH :lol:

Is that Newcastle General? Thought medicals were done at the freeman.