Jermaine Beckford signs for Everton. Yey!

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Apparently, Boyd wants to join us. Or, so it says here.

Boyd is apparently miffed that he is yet to be offered new terms in Glasgow, but the key subplot to this whole affair is that he has little interest in a move. If the former Kilmarnock player is to leave his boyhood heroes, it is thought he wants that to be in the summer at the earliest and to Newcastle United, by virtue of a childhood worship of Alan Shearer. It seemed Boyd was being deliberately obtuse a year ago when he priced himself out of a move to Birmingham, albeit Alex McLeish's current run at St Andrew's makes them now a more appealing draw.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/jan/07/kris-boyd-rangers-transfer-window

£3M seems to be a bit much for Beckford.

It would be nice to sign Boyd in the summer...

Guest Slippery Sam

I don't know about anyone else but I'm gutted NUFC Blog no longer exists. I'm sure they would have had all kinds of insider information about this deal.

Don't fret, tooj, we have it on very good authority that Beckford is currently undergoing a very, very, very, very long medical at the moment at a hospital in Newcastle.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm gutted NUFC Blog no longer exists. I'm sure they would have had all kinds of insider information about this deal.

Don't fret, tooj, we have it on very good authority that Beckford is currently undergoing a very, very, very, very long medical at the moment at a hospital in Newcastle.

Roz Harmison taking care of it then?

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/5866/rosharm.jpg

:smitten:

Think I've just got a chubby.

Anyhow, OT...more and more eminating from Leeds area that its done and dusted. 

I'd give her a medical.

I'd give her a medical.

Hahaha me 2...

I never been excited about a signing like this one for quite a while. It is sign of the time...

I feel the same tbh. Despite all the supposed faults in his game, the goals I have seen him score look class.

From what i can gather he's just a very, very good finisher. He probably wouldn't need to be a particularly great footballer to be effective in our team - certainly not in this league, similar to Shola really. Shola - let's face it - he's a pretty wank footballer. He's played alongside some half-decent strikers so aye, he has the nice touch here and there, but by and large he's just a finisher and that's why he's got 8 in 10 this season, or something.

The type of football we've played this season, we can defend our way to a victory. We can create one chance and score, and that'll be enough. That sort of winning football hits the rocks when our strikers are off form or injured, see Derby/Plymouth. Ordinarily we'd have snuck a win in both of them though but our attacking players misfired.

Beckford puts the ball in the net more often than not and that's why i think he'll be a ruddy good signing for us. I reckoned he'd score a shitload at home especially.

And here whe will get a chance to settle in while we are in the Championship (not trying to tempt fate here). Even if the worst happens he's going to get a very, very good run of games as we aren't in dire need of a quick fix at the moment.