Jermaine Beckford signs for Everton. Yey!

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Looking forward to seeing his reaction at the end of the game, with the fans, etc. Should give us a fair idea of what's happening.

I'm watching the game with me Leeds mate (and me Manu mate too, should be fun), so i'll be sure to give him plenty of ribbing should Beckford trundle over to the away fans in floods of tears.

The sticking point is probably Beckford wanting to play against Man United on Sunday.

i'd doubt it. why would he risk the possibility of playing against prem teams week in and out for a one off cup game ?

Anything in the rumours of Ken Bates telling us to "double" our initial offer of 1.25 million?

Was said on SSN earlier, sounds a bit steep considering his contract is running out, but sounds like the kind of attitude you'd expect from Bates.

Anything in the rumours of Ken Bates telling us to "double" our initial offer of 1.25 million?

Was said on SSN earlier, sounds a bit steep considering his contract is running out, but sounds like the kind of attitude you'd expect from Bates.

Wouldn't expect anything else from the horrible cunt.

Beckford is desperate to join us, he was gutted in the summer when it did not happen, its more about what Leeds want out of this deal.

Rumour has it that they want Butt plus £1million. They see Butt as becoming a player/coach for the club in the near future.

it's not a bad attitude at all. knock back the first offer as there is plenty of time in the window,ask for more than you want like any salesman would and probably sell on the next improved offer or so.

Beckford is desperate to join us, he was gutted in the summer when it did not happen, its more about what Leeds want out of this deal.

Rumour has it that they want Butt plus £1million. They see Butt as becoming a player/coach for the club in the near future.

Fuck me, that would be an amazing deal. Butt out of the picture, his wages gone, and Beckford in.

Why are we offering £1.25m if they are happy to settle for a deal worth 500k..

Guest Slippery Sam

Giving a medical to a footballer who will be playing for another club this weekend  (thereby increasing his chances of injury)? Utter baubles.

wrong. the majority of the medical focuses on cardio vascular stuff etc for heart problems etc. thats why many clubs sign players who have current injury problems ie minor broken bones.

still why not have a dig at nufc for doing what everyone else does eh ?

interesting to see if he plays this weekend.

So now NUFC are giving two medicals, eh? Utter crap.

Guest Stephen927

The sticking point is probably Beckford wanting to play against Man United on Sunday.

i'd doubt it. why would he risk the possibility of playing against prem teams week in and out for a one off cup game ?

It's a huge game for Leeds, Bates will want him to feature so Leeds have a better chance of getting through than they would without him. Doubt it would go down well with the fans if they sold their big striker before a huge game, would be like us selling Ameobi before a game against the mackems.

The chances of him getting injured are just the same as in any other game, and he'd be cup-tied for our match against Plymouth so why not sort out the deal after the game tomorrow?

Leeds want a cup rub Manure are bitter rival they fkn hate them, they want Beckfird playing, it irs say no and lose the deal or say yes and sign him after that game we are always going to agree to it.

Medical before hand proves he is fit and well, anything happens to him it will be down to the Man Ure match.

Why are we offering £1.25m if they are happy to settle for a deal worth 500k..

Because they see Nicky Butt as being a good addition due to his wealth of experience. It will help bring on the younger players there by playing alongside him.

I wish people would give the ITK stuff a rest. By all means post what you've heard if you're sure you believe the source, but don't go on and on about it as though it's fact.

Beckford hasn't signed for us yet.

Guest Stephen927

I wish people would give the ITK stuff a rest. By all means post what you've heard if you're sure you believe the source, but don't go on and on about it as though it's fact.

Who are you referring to?

Bahumbug

Bahumbug

:pow:

I hope you're right FWIW, just can't be arsed getting my hopes up talking about something that's not happened.

Bahumbug

:pow:

I hope you're right FWIW, just can't be arsed getting my hopes up talking about something that's not happened.

:lol: I know mate... until I see him in a Toon top I have my doubts, been told some good stuff frome someone I believe BUT end of the day who told them.

The medical stuff was strange but from two peple who do not know eachother both work at NGH and have no reason to bullshit.

It's a huge game for Leeds, Bates will want him to feature so Leeds have a better chance of getting through than they would without him. Doubt it would go down well with the fans if they sold their big striker before a huge game, would be like us selling Ameobi before a game against the mackems.

The chances of him getting injured are just the same as in any other game, and he'd be cup-tied for our match against Plymouth so why not sort out the deal after the game tomorrow?

but you said he'd want to play then you've gave reasons why leeds would want him to play.