Jermaine Beckford signs for Everton. Yey!

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Heneage

I imagine him sat in his kit, in his house next to the phone, no emotion looking deadly straight. 'I'm off to newcastle. Init.'

I imagine him sat in his kit, in his house next to the phone,

:lol: :lol: that's just reminded me of that brilliant entry to the Football in Paint thread where someone drew Nobby in his house in full matchday kit, playing the saxophone to Sir Bobby over the phone.

Guest WashyGeordie

Brilliant developments today. Sky reveal that our bid hasn't been accepted or rejected, before Beckford says no more.

Apparently we've upped the bid to £3mil havent we?

Guest sicko2ndbest

Brilliant developments today. Sky reveal that our bid hasn't been accepted or rejected, before Beckford says no more.

Wouldnt have thought so!

God no! That would be our entire summer transfer funds spent in one full blow.

Guest WashyGeordie

Wouldnt have thought so!

Same here, just someone on the radio said that sky have reported that.

I imagine him sat in his kit, in his house next to the phone,

:lol: :lol: that's just reminded me of that brilliant entry to the Football in Paint thread where someone drew Nobby in his house in full matchday kit, playing the saxophone to Sir Bobby over the phone.

Aye that was me. I showed it to my mate and he just said "Solano never played the saxophone - he plays the trumpet". Took me forever as well that one. :lol:

Apparently, Boyd wants to join us. Or, so it says here.

Boyd is apparently miffed that he is yet to be offered new terms in Glasgow, but the key subplot to this whole affair is that he has little interest in a move. If the former Kilmarnock player is to leave his boyhood heroes, it is thought he wants that to be in the summer at the earliest and to Newcastle United, by virtue of a childhood worship of Alan Shearer. It seemed Boyd was being deliberately obtuse a year ago when he priced himself out of a move to Birmingham, albeit Alex McLeish's current run at St Andrew's makes them now a more appealing draw.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/jan/07/kris-boyd-rangers-transfer-window

£3M seems to be a bit much for Beckford.

He's almost certainly going to come, I'm quite excited about it aswell. I do have an issue with his lazyness though, especially as it's something our fans will pick up on almost immediately. There's no middle ground, he'll be a big favourite or a major issue with the supporters.

What i love about him is he is quick, 2 footed and definately got the nack of right place right time

http://ngoisao.net/news/the-thao/2009/01/3b9c7cdf/michael-owen-01.jpg

Owen definitely isn't two footed. Beckford is far quicker aswell.

Goal.com has the following statement from Beckford " Iam off to Newcastle United !!! " see News Now Football for quotes

:facepalm:

And now we wait for the scenes where SSN are live outside of SJP interviewing the chavs who seem to live round there who have Beckford 9 on their shirts already, claiming he's the best striker we could get, will be up there with Alan Shearer, and when asked why he's a good signing they have nothing else to say but "because he's a good proven player), before they then go onto sing his new song.

I envy David Craig at SSN, he knows that no matter what happens, he's always going to be in a job.