Jermaine Beckford signs for Everton. Yey!

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest toonlass

This thread  :facepalm:

Yeah. How dare we discuss strikers in a football forum in a football thread.

I am just amazed that people think Beckford or Harewood are a solution for Newcastle.

Harewood is 30 actually, and is proven goalscorer in the championship. Neither will cut it at premiership level and we should be looking further than these two.

What makes this debate funnier is the concensus amongst the Leeds fans that I know. Their attitude is that they have one and a half feet in the championship and for that reason Beckford isn't the answer long-term. They'd be happy to see him go.

This thread :facepalm:

Yeah. How dare we discuss strikers in a football forum in a football thread.

I am just amazed that people think Beckford or Harewood are a solution for Newcastle.

They are the options (that we know about). I don't think anyone truly believes either (or Boyd, or Chopra) is ideal.

We're not in a position to be signing anyone particularly amazing. We don't have the status or the money to do so.

Harewood is 30 actually, and is proven goalscorer in the championship. Neither will cut it at premiership level and we should be looking further than these two.

What makes this debate funnier is the concensus amongst the Leeds fans that I know. Their attitude is that they have one and a half feet in the championship and for that reason Beckford isn't the answer long-term. They'd be happy to see him go.

but you also say beckfrod would get 10 between now and may.

make your mind up man.

Theyre in denial

Beckford looks to be able to create much more on his own, Harewood is a tap it in man. Or a get through on goal 1v1 man at best. Beckfords a tap it in man, 1v1 man, long range super goals man, probably gonna be as good as shearer man. Far more potential and much more exciting.

I've just watched a compilation of Beckford's 20 goals from 07-08, and they were long range, short range, and with both feet. There were very few easy chances and he showed a real ability to improvise.

It looks like the lad has an ego the size of the Eiffel Tower, and that may well have held his career back. But he's not short of confidence and looks well worth the gamble. He certainly won't be overawed at a higher division.

Harewood is on loan to a Championship side for a reason - he's not good enough for the Premiership any more. Beckford I could imagine rising to the challenge.

Beckford and Ranger together is too good a chance to miss. They could be a lethal combination. Let's go for it.

Theyre in denial

Beckford looks to be able to create much more on his own, Harewood is a tap it in man. Or a get through on goal 1v1 man at best. Beckfords a tap it in man, 1v1 man, long range super goals man, probably gonna be as good as shearer man. Far more potential and much more exciting.

In denial over what? :lol:

Where's the contradiction?

I think that Beckford would get 10 between now and May. I know that Harewood would achieve that figure.

Didn't realise you could see into the future like.

I think that Beckford would get 10 between now and May. I know that Harewood would achieve that figure.

oh right.....

your nostradamus now.

they're both f***ing opinions man, and they're both yours.

Lets have a wager IF we do sign Beckford and if he scores more than 10 goals in the Championship this season you delete your N-O account for good, if he scores 10 or less I will delete mine.

Lets have a wager IF we do sign Beckford and if he scores more than 10 goals in the Championship this season you delete your N-O account for good, if he scores 10 or less I will delete mine.

Why would I do that? I think Beckford is capable of 10 goals. Hardly beyond the realms of possibility that he'll get 11.

You think Beckford would score enough goals to see us promoted.

You think Harewood would score enough goals to see us promoted.

You'd rather sign Harewood who is older and potentially more expensive than Beckford. Why?

Guest toonlass

The Leeds fans I've spoken to (only a couple to be fair) seem a little bitter.  They aren't exactly chuffed to be getting rid.  

After all, Beckford is a 20 goal a season striker in the Championship.

Is he? When did he last do that like?

I'm an awful lot more confident about Harewood getting those goals. I also think Beckford could have a negative effect on morale.

EDIT: And age isn't a factor is the Harewood - Beckford debate as both will be obsolete when we get promoted.