Jermaine Beckford signs for Everton. Yey!

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mate, Mclean has 6 goals in the championship, Carroll has 4.

6 in 23.... 4 in 15.  We've been through this already.

6 in 23 in a very s*** team compared to 4 in the best team in the championship

Did you read my other post?  Obviously not, our goals scoring record isn't that much better then there's.  We've scored 39, they've scored 31, at best that might make Mcleans record very slightly better, nothing significant at all.

Which is all I orginally said tbh mate.

You said that Mclean looked twice the player.

27 in 32, it's like the Dutch league :lol:

This thread :lol:

League one seems a lot like the Dutch league, just without a couple of good teams :lol:

Fryatt scored one more than Beckford last season, not significant but there you go, sorry. :lol:

Fryatt cost "far more" than £2M, no chance.

They both got 27 like I've already said, Beckford got his goals in far less games though and IMO they'd want £3.5 to £4m for Fryatt.

Fryatt sounds close to fry-up and so reminds me of sausage, bacon and egg.

Beckford reminds me of a shite pub I've been to in the Midlands called The Beckford Inn.

I'd go for Fryatt.

Probably the soundest logic in this thread so far.

Fryatt scored one more than Beckford last season, not significant but there you go, sorry. :lol:

Fryatt cost "far more" than £2M, no chance.

They both got 27 like I've already said, Beckford got his goals in far less games though and IMO they'd want £3.5 to £4m for Fryatt.

Beckford got 26 goals, 1 less than Fryatt, but now you're just nitpicking.

As for the part in bold. :lol:

Again they both scored the same number of goals, but if you think it would make any difference even if Fryatt had scored one more then I'm not the one nitpicking.

I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you wether a Championship team would want over £3m for their top goal scorer (nearly top scorer in the entire league) because the answer is obvious.

This is a big waste of time, I'm out :)

The step up from League One to the Championship isn't massive and for that reason I would go for Beckford. He'll score enough to help us get promoted and if he can't cut it in the Premier he'll be on a contract, still youngish and we can sell him for a decent price.

The step up from League One to the Championship isn't massive and for that reason I would go for Beckford. He'll score enough to help us get promoted and if he can't cut it in the Premier he'll be on a contract, still youngish and we can sell him for a decent price.

How do you know that? Look at Peterborough and Scunthorpe.

why did you miss leicester out ?

I watch football and make a reasoned judgement on the basis of what I observe.

That suggestion that Matty Fryatt would cost "far more" than Beckford is one of the most absurd things i've heard today tbh.

Not including you're own comments surely?  Come on then, you seem to be avoiding giving an actual opinion here.  You tell me just how much Fryatt would cost?

I wouldn't be suprised if the club doesn't actually want to sign Beckford or Killgallon and was purposefully bidding well below clubs valuation in a smokescreen just to appease the fans.

Would prefer us to go for Gary Hooper anyways over Beckford. Good goals record this season and last and decent all round game and seems like a clever little player.

Leicester would be mad to sell Fryatt btw. Although personally i also don't rate him too much, good finisher but poor all round game.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Beckford

Fryatt

Boyd

Chopra

Harewood

In that order for me. I like the fact that Beckford is a bit of an unknown quantity with something to prove at a club in a higher league. I do also like Fryatt, he's young quick and definately has an eye for goal. He is also a very nice lad, bit of a geek tbh, dosnt flaunt his success one bit and exactly the type of player you can rely on.