Jermaine Beckford signs for Everton. Yey!

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Still wouldn't mind seeing Boyd. Guarantees goals. Had enough of players who 'are great but don't score much' (I know Beckford scores a few but there's obvious differences).

Goals win games, Boyd scores heaps of goals and would destroy this league.

Not sure if either of them are suitable for the premiership though.

The step up from League One to the Championship isn't massive and for that reason I would go for Beckford. He'll score enough to help us get promoted and if he can't cut it in the Premier he'll be on a contract, still youngish and we can sell him for a decent price.

How do you know that? Look at Peterborough and Scunthorpe.

Woolford managed to get a couple of goals against a former Premiership team this season ;)

To be honest, there isn't a massive difference between the two leagues. The defenders in the Championship just tend to be better.

Still wouldn't mind seeing Boyd. Guarantees goals. Had enough of players who 'are great but don't score much' (I know Beckford scores a few but there's obvious differences).

Goals win games, Boyd scores heaps of goals and would destroy this league.

Not sure if either of them are suitable for the premiership though.

Agree completely.

Guest toonlass

My mate just texted me and said we have offered Cardiff £3.5 million for Chopra. I really hope that he is pissed as a fart when he sent that.

I wouldn't really want Chopra back but imo he is a safer bet than Boyd or Beckford and maybe even Harewood. Even if he is going through a dry spell at the moment.

He goes through these spells often though. He'll go 10 games where he scores 8 or 9, then 10-12 without a goal.

Ronaldo

Talking about valuations, as Beckford only has 6 months left on his contract, his value is, say, 2 million, how much do you think Leeds would value him if he had, say 3 years left on his contract?

A hell of a lot more than Leicester would value Fryatt, Villa would value Harewood, Rangers would value Boyd or Scunthorpe would value Hooper.

Speaking of other alternatives as strikers, what is this lad at Bristol City like? cant remember his name but I have seen someone for them score quite regularly.

Ronaldo

They want 3 million for him now. If he had 3 years left, it would be at least double that.

You need to understand the basic facts about natural goalscorers and their values. It doesnt matter in which league they play, as long as they consistently score goals, they are valuable commodities and therefore I dont blame Leeds for holding out for as much as they can get. I also said at the start of this thread that the transfer of Beckford will go through this window, but not until the very last minute and probably to a struggling PL team who need a goalscorer to save them from a relegation fight. I think you will find the likes of Hull, Bolton, Wigan, WHU and Wolves in for him and willing to meet Leeds valuation as January closes and therefore he will go to the highest bidder. It will not be us.

Absolute rubbish

He was playing non league football 4 YEARS AGO......................Ancient history...................MAN

Ian Wiright was playing non league football before Crystal Palace signed him. Arsenal paid 2.5 million for him

Les Ferdinand was playing non league football before QPR signed him, we paid 6 million for him.

There are many many such cases. Why cant you agree with facts for once?

Absolute rubbish

He was playing non league football 4 YEARS AGO......................Ancient history...................MAN

Ian Wiright was playing non league football before Crystal Palace signed him. Arsenal paid 2.5 million for him

Les Ferdinand was playing non league football before QPR signed him, we paid 6 million for him.

There are many many such cases. Why cant you agree with facts for once?

Facts? How many division 3 players have transfered for six million plus, never mind established players in their late 20s?

Genuine question, I have no idea.

Fact is though, those two players mentioned were top flight players, QPR were fucked when Les left, and Wright was voted Palaces player of the century.

I'm feeling a bit philosophical, so here it goes.....

Some lower leagues step up brilliantly. Some don't.

Some cheap players become world-beaters, whilst some expensive ones become the next footballing joke.

Some wonderkids are destined for stardom, whereas some are late bloomers.

Football doesn't work in patterns.....if its predictable we'd all be bored (and rich from betting!). Statistics can be twisted to show anything you want them too. What I'm trying to say is that we truly don't know how Beckford will turn out if he signs for us. We can't compare him to other players etc. because he is his own man.

If he does well, great. If he doesn't, we've spent little on him and we sell him, so very little harm done. Let's just get behind him and see how it goes. COME ON JERMAINE!!!!! (unless the deal falls through!)

Some cheap players become world-beaters, whilst some expensive ones become the next footballing joke.

Football doesn't work in patterns.....if its predictable we'd all be bored (and rich from betting!). Statistics can be twisted to show anything you want them too. What I'm trying to say is that we truly don't know how Beckford will turn out if he signs for us. We can't compare him to other players etc. because he is his own man.

If he does well, great. If he doesn't, we've spent little on him and we sell him, so very little harm done. Let's just get behind him and see how it goes. COME ON JERMAINE!!!!! (unless the deal falls through!)

Smacks of DJ Campbell all over again. Or Freddy Eastwood. Or Ebanks-Blake. Or David Nugent.

Fuck it, the longer this goes the more suspicious I get. :hmm:

:lol:

Smacks of DJ Campbell all over again. Or Freddy Eastwood. Or Ebanks-Blake. Or David Nugent.

Fuck it, the longer this goes the more suspicious I get. :hmm:

:lol:

Now Ebanks-Blake would guarantee us goals in this League.

RONALDO

READ THE POST AGAIN. It is not about what ,Leeds would get for him, it is about what they would VALUE him at. Whether someone in this day an age cOmes along and pays the valued price is not known.

If we are prepared to pay Leedds 1.5 million for a players they VALUE at 3 million with 6 months left on his contract, the probasbility is that some team struggling in the PL will offer Leeds somewhere between 2 and 2.5 million for Beckford which I presume Leeds will accept. We are clearly not going to go above our valuation of the player. If he had 3 years on his contract, his value would be more but they would possibily be prepared to accept less which, would almost certainly be more than what they are prepared to accept now.

CAPICE?

There is no way anyone would pay £6m for an unproven 26 year,old league one striker :lol:

Is blatantly the right answer.

Who said anyone would pay it like?  Leeds wouldn't want to sell full stop if his contract wasn't running out.  So they'd be asking silly money to let him go.