Plymouth Argyle vs Newcastle United - Pre Match Thread (2nd Jan 2010 - 3pm)

Guest toonlass

I reckon it'll be Krul, Simpson, S Taylor, Tozer, Kadar, Pancrate, Butt, Guthrie, Kazenga, Ranger and Shola.

Reasons: Krul for Harper is obvious, Krul needs some game time. Simpson because we've obviously asked permission for him to play, S Taylor because "he knows what the cup is about" or some bollocks, Tozer and Kadar to give Colo and Enrique a rest.

Pancrate to get match fitness, Butt because of his "great experience of the competition," Guthrie as he was rested against Derby, Kazenga because he's worth a look (if fit, not heard anything about him in a while - if not it'll probably be Lovenkrands...or Geremi!?)

Ranger to get him some game time, Shola to regain match fitness - pointless him going another week without a game, if we get an hour-75 minutes out of him here he'll probably get a goal if the rest of the season is anything to go by.

However this is Hughton, it could be anything.

I reckon it'll be Krul, Simpson, S Taylor, Tozer, Kadar, Pancrate, Butt, Guthrie, Kazenga, Ranger and Shola.

Reasons: Krul for Harper is obvious, Krul needs some game time. Simpson because we've obviously asked permission for him to play, S Taylor because "he knows what the cup is about" or some bollocks, Tozer and Kadar to give Colo and Enrique a rest.

Pancrate to get match fitness, Butt because of his "great experience of the competition," Guthrie as he was rested against Derby, Kazenga because he's worth a look (if fit, not heard anything about him in a while - if not it'll probably be Lovenkrands...or Geremi!?)

Ranger to get him some game time, Shola to regain match fitness - pointless him going another week without a game, if we get an hour-75 minutes out of him here he'll probably get a goal if the rest of the season is anything to go by.

I bet Hughton has much simplier explanations for his squad selections, something like "you 11 are going to play, because you're a good group of lads..."

Loved Krul's interview on Toon-mates. "If you could buy anyone anything for Christmas, what would you get?"

"I'd get Harper a cruise so he would go away for a month or two." (or words to that effect)

Legend. :lol:

Loved Krul's interview on Toon-mates. "If you could buy anyone anything for Christmas, what would you get?"

"I'd get Harper a cruise so he would go away for a month or two." (or words to that effect)

Legend. :lol:

That's what Harper said for Given on the same thing last year.

Guest Brummiemag

If thats the team that Houghton selects then its an absolute fucking disgrace.

An insult to the FA Cup, a sad day for Newcastle United who have a proud history and tradition in the FA Cup and most of all a kick in the teeth for the 2,400 Newcastle fans making the long journey down.

The sad thing is, its most likely to happen.

If thats the team that Houghton selects then its an absolute f***ing disgrace.

An insult to the FA Cup, a sad day for Newcastle United who have a proud history and tradition in the FA Cup and most of all a kick in the teeth for the 2,400 Newcastle fans making the long journey down.

There's absolutely no need to put out a stupidly inexperienced team. Pancrate, Tatlor and Guthrie have all had limited opportunities in the midfield so the can all start. Stick Ranger and Lovenkrands up front and we'll coast it.

SOLD OUT

:clap: to all the lads and lasses who are making the trip on Saturday

Just seen that on .com, delighted that we've sold out. I'm driving over with the missus from Bournemouth and it'll be the first match we've been to since we moved south in November, really pleased that there'll be good backing and from what Hughton says they'll be taking the match seriously too.

Next one I'll probably be able to make it to is Bristol City in March. :(

Krul

Raylor      Simpson    Kadar        Tozer

Butt

Guthrie

Pancrate                                  Lua Lua

Shola        Ranger

I think he will play Simpson centre half and rest Colo and Taylor.

He might even have footballing reasons for his team selection.

Guest Stephen927

To think, with the money he saved on his car insurance, they could have bought Dirk von Nostrilboy.

GREEN ARMY!

Might be an idiotic question but does Shearers still show away games?

Anyone?

Only ones on the telly.

Outside the PL there is only the one camera sent to capture the goals and other little highlights

To think, with the money he saved on his car insurance, they could have bought Dirk von Nostrilboy.

GREEN ARMY!

I detest that advert; I could easily put the screen out on the TV when it comes on.  Irrational but true.

Might be an idiotic question but does Shearers still show away games?

Anyone?

Only ones on the telly.

Outside the PL there is only the one camera sent to capture the goals and other little highlights

Thought as much, cheers.