Geremi joins Ankaragücu after all

AlanSkÃrare

Why the hell has Sapara gone there?

He said he sees it as a stepping stone to one of the "four big" leagues in Europe. i.e. Prem, La Liga, Bundesliga and Serie A.

Poor chap... it's a retirement league more like. Can't believe Sapara didn't end up playing somewhere in Germany though.

Why the hell has Sapara gone there?

He said he sees it as a stepping stone to one of the "four big" leagues in Europe. i.e. Prem, La Liga, Bundesliga and Serie A.

Poor chap... it's a retirement league more like. Can't believe Sapara didn't end up playing somewhere in Germany though.

Yeah, he's too much quality for Turkey, that's for sure. Hopefully his stay there is a short one.

Incidentally I just went to the superlig site and checked Vassell's stats... 3 goals in 14  :thup:

Might have been playing as a winger for part of it?

He writes a daily blog about his time over in Turkey, seemed pretty disturbed at the sacrificing of a goat on the training pitch a while back :lol:

http://www.vassell.net/Darius/Blog/Blog.html

It's actually a pretty depressing read altogether. He complains about being isolated in his hotel room, missing his family, the bad food, losing games every week, not being able to get a grasp of the language. It's even quite poetic at times, although I can't bring myself to feel sorry for him when his bank account is just being nicely topped up every week.

All 3 are good signings for the Turkish league tbh

This works out very well for everyone if Sapara goes and has a nice World Cup. Teams in Europe will ask the same question you are. "Why is the player playing in Turkey?" Then the Ankara club will mug some club into paying alot for him and Marek will finally have his big move.