Newcastle United vs. West Bromwich Albion Mon. Jan. 18th 2010 7.45 pm KO

Incognito

my biggest fear for 2moro night is that WBA, who are really good passing footballing team, will come with a 4-5-1 formation and just pass the ball around our not very mobile midfield 2 of Smith and Nolan.  Those two are going to have to be on top form tomorrow night if we are too win the game.

hows that. nolan has done sod all bar score goals this season and smith, well everyone knows what i think there.

again we'll reley on our back 4 and that the opposition gifts us a chance.

my biggest fear for 2moro night is that WBA, who are really good passing footballing team, will come with a 4-5-1 formation and just pass the ball around our not very mobile midfield 2 of Smith and Nolan.  Those two are going to have to be on top form tomorrow night if we are too win the game.

hows that. nolan has done sod all bar score goals this season and smith, well everyone knows what i think there.

again we'll reley on our back 4 and that the opposition gifts us a chance.

Well, it's worked up til now.

Anyone knows how many tickets sold for this game so far?

http://www.nufc.talent-sport.co.uk/PagesPublic/ProductBrowse/standAndAreaSelection.aspx?stadium=NS&product=WBH10L&campaign=%20%20&type=H

Looks like somewhere around the 40,000 mark so far. Like Danh1 said.

37,000 i'd say. With tomorrows sales and pay on the doors taking it to around 39/40k.

I agree, the 4 blocks not 'nearly sold out' in the East stand and the two in the Gallowgate normally are. As well as the 2 or 3 in the Leazes middle tier.

Doubt West Brom will have more than 1,500.

Disappointing? It's a Championship game on a Monday night that's live on the tv.  40k+ would be a pretty good attendance in my opinion.

80% of Premiership teams would wank themselves silly if they could get 40,000 on a regular basis.

Guest optimistic nit

I can see a defeat coming our way tomorrow night. Derby walked away with an easy point so can't see how WBA wont go one better.

I sinderely hope I'm wrong mind and would be happy to be so.

if we have proved anything so far is that we can do badly against poor teams such as scunthorpe and beat the likes of swansea comfortably.

west brom need a result more than we do, and even though a draw is bad for both teams a defeat is catastrophic for either so i think both teams will go for it but will end up settling for a point.

But still, 47k against Derby, I know it was a saturday. But this game is a top game.

It was the Monday, 3 days after Christmas when all the Charvers had their 20 quid Christmas cash.

This is about a week away from payday, when most people haven't been paid since before Christmas. Perfectly understandable.

But still, 47k against Derby, I know it was a saturday. But this game is a top game.

For a good chunk of the ST base, midweeks are out for travel or work reasons. I don't think the oppo will have such a great impact.

Gonna be about 15-30 mins late for this one cos of work, thanks to sky moving it after I'd booked leave for the Saturday. Never been that late for a match before, what happens to the turnstiles at that time, presume they're not all still open? How will I get in the ground?

Gonna be about 15-30 mins late for this one cos of work, thanks to sky moving it after I'd booked leave for the Saturday. Never been that late for a match before, what happens to the turnstiles at that time, presume they're not all still open? How will I get in the ground?

Go into work half an hour early to make up the time?

Never been that late but I have been late before when I was working shifts, there was one turnstyle in the Gallowgate end still open.

Guest Stephen927

I predicted a 2-0 result against Plymouth, I predict the same for this game.

2 games in hand over Forest, lets take advantage of this..