The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bit of credit considering the stick the "puppet" got before the transfer window had even really started?

fully agree, most of us just assumed he'd take a backseat and not really put his stamp on teh side, but now we have a solid team, maybe not exciting but definitely solid. If you get a solid team working for you, then players like Gutierrez and (hopefully) Moses can express themselves, the spark which we need. Shola ofcourse will finish the chances...Shola-gol  :pow:

I'll judge him on his and our performances and that's what a football manager should be mainly judged on.  Managers can make good signings and have the team playing poorly, others make the odd poor signing and still manage to get performances from the team.

If we can slag him off about not making transfers we can give him Credit when he does because lets be honest he gets s*** about pretty much everything he does/doesn't do.

As I haven't slagged him off yet for not making transfers them I'll not praise him for doing so, especially when he seems happy with our s*** central midfield.

Will you take back your abuse about "dropping" Jonas when it comes out he wasn't fit to start? Will you fuck, some (quite a few) love to slag off hughton then when it turns out he had no other option people don't have the bottle to hold their hands up and its fucking pathetic.

There are a few things I would have done differently today (like lovenkrands starting) but this place is getting cringeworthy at times with the massive, ill informed over reactions :(

Will you take back your abuse about "dropping" Jonas when it comes out he wasn't fit to start? Will you f***, some (quite a few) love to slag off hughton then when it turns out he had no other option people don't have the bottle to hold their hands up and its f***ing pathetic.

There are a few things I would have done differently today (like lovenkrands starting) but this place is getting cringeworthy at times with the massive, ill informed over reactions :(

Show me where I mentioned Jonas.

No excuses for that

Absolutely pathetic. Negative tactics, fear of the opposition. One upfront against 10 men, changes nothing till the 62nd minute.

Let all of us down today including himself after impressive times in the transfer window

Absolutely clueless tonight.

Started with the wrong team, failed to change formation or personnel quickly enough and is far too cautious even against 10 men. Those 2 points he cost us tonight might just come back to haunt us in May unless this spineless little wanker of a manager realises we're going to have to keep on winning to go up. I'd sack the cunt tomorrow if I could.

No excuses for that

Absolutely pathetic. Negative tactics, fear of the opposition. One upfront against 10 men, changes nothing till the 62nd minute.

Let all of us down today including himself after impressive times in the transfer window

This. I dont dislike the guy he has done a great job, but he and Calderwood seem completely inept when it comes to motivating the players. This team is capable of winning every game, even with the likes of Butt and Nolan. But if no one uses their head when they have the ball and play half heartedly we will pay for it, like we did today.

Leicester were there for the beating before they had a man down, how they can continue to ignore our non-existent central midfield is beyond me.

Should we replace him in the summer if we go up? Probably, but if we could get another experienced coach in thats capable of inspiring and motivating the players then we might improve enough.

But we can't criticise Hughton!! We're top of the league!

:mackems:

The thing is we are all beginning to realise that sides have been giving us too much respect mixed with chunks of luck in certain games where we have been dominated and sneaked points.

The thing is we are all beginning to realise that sides have been giving us too much respect mixed with chunks of luck in certain games where we have been dominated and sneaked points.

The signs have been there all season.

If he doesn't begin to modify his thinkig we're in seriously trouble regarding going up automatically. FACT.

People were being slaughtered on here for saying it 6-8 weeks ago too. :sadnod:

People were being slaughtered on here for saying it 6-8 weeks ago too. :sadnod:

Only have to look at the start of this thread. [/wink]

What I want to understand today is:

1) Why did he start Butt

2) Why did Lovenkrands not play at all

3) Why did he not bring in a central creative midfielder instead of Fitz Hall

4) Why does he persist on playing 4-4-1-1 and 4-5-1, teams have found us out with that system, its always when we switch to 4-4-2 were at our most dangerous, but he does it too late.

5) Why did Jonas not even get 10-15 minutes under his belt today

6) Why does he insist of starting Smith/Butt ahead of Guthrie in central midfield, and in todays case, BOTH of them.

Sacking him would be utterly pointless, cos one of the reasons why we're top is his leniency in the dressing room. An actual manager would never stand for this ridiculous 'players committee', and would shove a lot of them out on their arses. We're top because of morale + genuine quality here and there, now and again. So sacking him would be pointless.

But he's a crap manager and we're top, largely, in spite of him.

What I want to understand today is:

1) Why did he start Butt

2) Why did Lovenkrands not play at all

4) Why does he persist on playing 4-4-1-1 and 4-5-1, teams have found us out with that system, its always when we switch to 4-4-2 were at our most dangerous, but he does it too late.

5) Why did Jonas not even get 10-15 minutes under his belt today

6) Why does he insist of starting Smith/Butt ahead of Guthrie in central midfield, and in todays case, BOTH of them.

:angry:

Because we've only got Kadar, Colo and Williamson at CB? There's no reason why he couldn't bring in both.

I think Hughton is trying to balance the fact that our most experienced players are our worst and it seems the younger our players get the more talented they are!

It's a tough situation for him. The fact that we're top shows he's done a decent job so far. We simply aren't going to play pretty football with Smith and Butt in the team. I'm sure Hughton knows they're crap. He just has to ... we just have to hope we go back up and I'm sure in the summer more changes will be made.