The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Would someone be allowed to post that moment of the post match interview?  :lol:

As I said, they don't have it on the Sky Sports site and if anyone could upload it from this sky plus thing then great. If not, never mind!

reading the first 2 pages of this thread is funny.

do the haters (ronaldo in particular) still believe he is a shit manager and the players have no respect for him?

I'd put money on it that Ronaldo still believes that. Does he ever change his mind?  :lol:

do the haters (ronaldo in particular) still believe he is a shit manager and the players have no respect for him?

I'd put money on it that Ronaldo still believes that. Does he ever change his mind?  :lol:

He no longer thinks Beckford is a young Andy Cole.

do the haters (ronaldo in particular) still believe he is a s*** manager and the players have no respect for him?

yes.

but he'll never ever ever let anyone know it !

He would never have been my first choice as manager, but I have to give him credit where credit is due.  He has signed some decent players under a very restricted budget but more importantly he has got the team playing for each other instead of for themselves like in the past.  Part of that can be put down to us getting rid of scumbags like Owen, but not all of it IMO.

For anyone who criticises him just think back to the days when Joe F**ing Kinnear was our manager!

I love that he seems to have common sense and see's the real weaknesses in the team and looks to get players in to fix them. We've had too many managers in the past who would miss glaring gaps in the squad and sign players that weren't really needed.

I love that he seems to have common sense and see's the real weaknesses in the team and looks to get players in to fix them. We've had too many managers in the past who would miss glaring gaps in the squad and sign players that weren't really needed.

Trophy signings you mean? ;)

I've said it a thousand times, i don't think he's a top manager but he's earned my respect and i'm fully behind him.

Who is a top manager for you btw?

Put the likes of Mourinho, SAF, Ancelotti, Van Gaal or Wenger as manager of us and they wouldn't be able to do a (much) better job than Hughton does imo.

I think Hughton has done very well ever since the start of last season and it seems like he continues the good work.

If we add Tiote and Ben Arfa I reckon we've done well, maybe another utility defender on a loan would be good too if I was being greedy.

So far we've brought in:

Perch,

Gosling,

Campbell,

Tiote,

Ben Arfa (loan, hopefully)

If Taylor goes out of the door for about £3m then we'll have brought in all of that lot for a couple of million quid net.

That's a superb transfer window considering that statement. There's even the option of getting another defender or striker in on loan which wouldn't cost too much.

If we add Tiote and Ben Arfa I reckon we've done well, maybe another utility defender on a loan would be good too if I was being greedy.

So far we've brought in:

Perch,

Gosling,

Campbell,

Tiote,

If Taylor goes out of the door for about £3m then we'll have brought in all of that lot for a couple of million quid net.

That's a superb transfer window considering that statement. There's even the option of getting another defender or striker in on loan which wouldn't cost too much.

yup handled all his transfer dealings (well except best but hey everyone is allowed one screw up) very well thus far

So far we've brought in:

Perch,

Gosling,

Campbell,

Tiote,

:thup: too right.

I've said it a thousand times, i don't think he's a top manager but he's earned my respect and i'm fully behind him.

Who is a top manager for you btw?

Put the likes of Mourinho, SAF, Ancelotti, Van Gaal or Wenger as manager of us and they wouldn't be able to do a (much) better job than Hughton does imo.

I think Hughton has done very well ever since the start of last season and it seems like he continues the good work.

We are not likely to be getting anywhere near the top managers in the world. If the momentum Chris is shifting continues in the same direction he will be going a long way to put us back into the shop window for the future.

Right now there is little to tell how far he can take us, this is his first job and sometimes certain people fit better in certain jobs regardless of name/reputation or previous records.

Hughton is still growing and learning as a manager, it suprises me how well we have done with such a miniscule back room team. Calderwood shouldn't be dismissed for his contributions.

It is also the way he has handled transfers for me. In the past (remember the Rooney bid a few years ago?) it was all over the place with claims of "you won't believe the players we have lined up" bullsh*t.

Now - barring HBA it seems the announcements are made after the deal is virtually done.

So far we've brought in:

Perch,

Gosling,

Campbell,

Tiote,

It's what annoys me a lot about the SJP stuff. I don't like the concept anyway, but things are going pretty well otherwise (by this regime's standards) and yet they still manage to find a way to piss fans off.

It is also the way he has handled transfers for me. In the past (remember the Rooney bid a few years ago?) it was all over the place with claims of "you won't believe the players we have lined up" bullsh*t.

Now - barring HBA it seems the announcements are made after the deal is virtually done.

Hughton was quoted as saying Ben Arfa was "very unlikely", it's just been the French media and OM who've been doing all the talking. There's been nowt, other than us saying we're waiting on Tiote's work permit. Hughton's remained tight-lipped for the rest, he was even coy about the Sol transfer when asked at Carlisle. The Perch one was only known because we bid in January.

Hughton was quoted as saying Ben Arfa was "very unlikely", it's just been the French media and OM who've been doing all the talking. There's been nowt, other than us saying we're waiting on Tiote's work permit. Hughton's remained tight-lipped for the rest, he was even coy about the Sol transfer when asked at Carlisle. The Perch one was only known because we bid in January.

Fair shout - you are right.

It just seems that the HBA deal has been a pissing match so I thought CH was getting his leg wet with the rest. When I think about it - he hasn't said anything or been drawn in by the media. Much like the S Taylor comments on Sky Sports.

Colour me corrected...

He's like the anti-Kinnear.

"Well we want M'Bia and we've bid £5.1m for him, and there's a £2m bid for Ebondo too. Any clubs who want to gazump us and offer £100,000 more on either deal before they're accepted, please don't or I'll call you a cunt"

He's like the anti-Kinnear.

"Well we want M'Bia and we've bid £5.1m for him, and there's a £2m bid for Ebondo too. Any clubs who want to gazump us and offer £100,000 more on either deal before they're accepted, please don't or I'll call you a cunt"

Hated Kinnear even more after the transfer window tbh.

He was talking about offers for "internationals", I guess he didn't even know who he was talking about.