The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He got in wrong.. sure, everyone manager out there has got it very badly wrong on occasions .. but the facts are we are unbeaten in how long?.. we are in what position?.. lets not change anything and move on.

On the whole the guy is doing a top-notch job.

I agree mostly. Incredibly dissapointing from him today though. Im putting my hopes on him having noticed that Nolan/Smith arent doing well. Im worrying that he see's Butt as the solution.

Guest firetotheworks

Look at Pearson, do you think he'd be scared to drop Smith or Nolan when they're not pulling their weight?

Hughton's a spineless little b****** and we're very much top of the league in spite of him.

What's that based on?

Look at Pearson, do you think he'd be scared to drop Smith or Nolan when they're not pulling their weight?

Hughton's a spineless little bastard and we're very much top of the league in spite of him.

Aye we should sack Hughton and hire Pearson.

Hughton's a spineless little bastard and we're very much top of the league in spite of him.

Aye, though you wouldn't dare say it to his face.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Smith Butt Nolan Carroll were absolutely atrocious. The biggest test for Hughton is his reaction on Friday night

Guest toonlass

Are you on your period or something Ronaldo? You have been very aggressive lately.

The only reason he hasnt dropped Nolan is because hes our top scorer, but fair enough, hes been utter dogshit for a while now, Smith offers nothing in attack and Butt just offers nothing at all, we need a CREATIVE MIDFIELDER and a STRIKER to accompany Lovenkrands badly.

The only reason he hasnt dropped Nolan is because hes our top scorer, but fair enough, hes been utter dogshit for a while now, Smith offers nothing in attack and Butt just offers nothing at all, we need a CREATIVE MIDFIELDER and a STRIKER to accompany Lovenkrands badly.

Nolan was dogshite when he was scoring, all that has changed is that he's no longer scoring.

Utterly spineless team selection today and it resulted predictably in a shocking lack of creativity and threat.

Just grow a set Chris. I know you were a defender but man the hell up and drop the plodders.

He's scared of them.

Next Friday will be very interesting to see if he has the guts to play both Routledge and Jonas and two strikers up front.

Next Friday will be very interesting to see if he has the guts to play both Routledge and Jonas and two strikers up front.

I think he will play them both, then change it again when we play Derby.

Utterly spineless team selection today and it resulted predictably in a shocking lack of creativity and threat.

Just grow a set Chris. I know you were a defender but man the hell up and drop the plodders.

He's scared of them.

Agreed, its the only reason I see him sticking with them, anyone with half a brain knows its about time they should be dropped by now.

If it was up to me we would always go 442 with the two wingers and without Butt and Nolan.

But to be fair, you could argue that he's kept the scoreboard ticking over without taking risks and has settled for draws without risking defeat to get some more wins. Seems especially true of away games. It'll be interesting to see what he does with Jonas back and Routledge in, but some of the criticism is a bit harsh IMO.

Bet he comes out with "our final ball was dissapointing"

"Hard place to come........."

"Made us work for it............"

"This group of lads..........."

"Would've taken a point beforehand............"

+ "If there was one side that was going to win it..........."

I don't want to lay into him too much, this season was and is massive for us. We absolutely have to get promoted this year, if we don't then I can see us being in the Championship for a very long time.

Whatever you say about him, he's got the players playing as a team, there seems to be a good spirit in the dressing room and that combined with some players who are too good for this division have carried us to where we are this season.

So he does deserve some credit, because I think he's steadied the ship a bit and gotten what was a rotten dressing room functioning as a unit.

However, today was a good indicator of why this guy has absolutely no business managing us if we're in the Premiership next season. His uselessness in terms of team selection and in game adjustments basically threw away 2 points today, and if Wellens had stayed on the field then I don't see any way where we don't lose today.

You can't just throw away points because you're manager doesn't know what he's doing and expect to do anything in the Premiership. Sadly, I can't see Ashley having the brains to get someone else in this summer if we do go up and we'll be more than likely set to come straight back down again.

I don't want to lay into him too much, this season was and is massive for us. We absolutely have to get promoted this year, if we don't then I can see us being in the Championship for a very long time.

Whatever you say about him, he's got the players playing as a team, there seems to be a good spirit in the dressing room and that combined with some players who are too good for this division have carried us to where we are this season.

So he does deserve some credit, because I think he's steadied the ship a bit and gotten what was a rotten dressing room functioning as a unit.

However, today was a good indicator of why this guy has absolutely no business managing us if we're in the Premiership next season. His uselessness in terms of team selection and in game adjustments basically threw away 2 points today, and if Wellens had stayed on the field then I don't see any way where we don't lose today.

You can't just throw away points because you're manager doesn't know what he's doing and expect to do anything in the Premiership. Sadly, I can't see Ashley having the brains to get someone else in this summer if we do go up and we'll be more than likely set to come straight back down again.

Agree with all of it apart from the fact that I have a feeling MA will change manager in the summer if we go up.

Agreed, credit where its due to Hughton but his tactical flaws are becoming tiresome. His mindset is not to win games, but to make sure we dont lose them.