The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Golfmag, you've been ITK before, haven't you?

Yes but not from this source. This was from a lawyer, which was what spooked me. And, if someone was just going to make up a rumour,Pardew is not a name you would make up. My reading of it after the statement tonight is that the club cleraly has a Plan B which they will implement the moment they lose faith in Hughton. Seeing the same lawyer next week so will try to get more info.

So sad we are talking about this. Sad about the papers sad about some set of supporters who always moan about Chris no matter what. Clearly he is the best manager this club got since Sir Bob and we want to get rid of him in a middle of the season? Harsh. Even Sir Bob needed two years of mid table finishes.

So sad we are talking about this. Sad about the papers sad about some set of supporters who always moan about Chris no matter what. Clearly he is the best manager this club got since Sir Bob and we want to get rid of him in a middle of the season? Harsh. Even Sir Bob needed two years of mid table finishes.

this is probably the first time the media alone has been trying to out the manager actively here and not the supporters or board supported by media before inevitably saying almost as soon as said manager is sacked oh you have to give him time blah blah convieniantly ignoring the fact they were knifing him days earlier, sickening to see and those writing and putting out this shit ought to have a long hard look at themselves and what they're doing for a living if making a good mans life harder is their sole objective

9th against 9 games and we're in the process of 'backing' the manager, ouch.

What I don't understand either is why they leave it in a situation where the press can continue to say shit and it's going to sound plausible. Why didn't they come out and say the media comments were laughable baring in mind the promotion and the fact we are in the top half of the table, instead of reacting in a way which gives the press power in saying 'He will remain our manager' as if the press had any say in the matter :lol:

I don't want to believe it but I do not trust Ashley.

Someone with contacts inside the club told me last week that Hughton's job was in jeopardy before the rumours started but I just don't want to believe that Ashley would be that stupid.  I am not sure what to make of the statement as most of their statements in the past have proved to be incorrect and most previous rumours discounted by fans have been proven to have some truth in them after all.

I think if this was to happen anytime soon it would be very damaging as the fans are mostly content with Hughton at present and it could hugely damage the morale of the team.  I just think the turmoil would start all over again unless they appointed an exceptional manager and Pardew and the like fall far short of that.

Why would Ashley wants to sack CH?

1. He doesn't pay him well

2. He don't give him too much problem by asking this and that like all other top managers

Why get rid all this to get demanding manger and high salary. It is just a rummer and it is baseless one when we see how Ashley operate this club in the post Keegan era there is no base to fire CH unless we are bottom and lose 10 games in a row.

The only pressure Hughton is under is from the press, not the club and not the fans.

if we lose at home vs mackems we'll have 1 win, 1 draw and 4 defeats from our home games right?

that record is starting / will start to become pressure in itself i'm afraid

NO I'M NOT SAYING SACK HUGHTON BEFORE ANYONE STARTS, JUST ACKNOWLEDGING THE REALITY

If we stay up, apart from Sunday, I couldn't give a shit if we didn't get another home point. I'd probably be a bit sick by the end seeing as i pay for a season ticket but survival's what counts this season, not individual statistics. What next, Pulis 'under pressure' cos Stoke are shit in the first half? 'Moyes faces axe as Goodison faithful revolt over lack of corners in Saturday's 3-0 win'?

Stinks of a mackem plot to upset the apple cart all this btw.

Clever bit of work this by the mackems. Get it in the papers that we're getting shot of CH just before our match against them on Sunday. Makes the players a little wary about what is going on and gets the fans all worried as well. Once a few rumours get started bets will start flowing which helps back up the rumours even more. Why didn't we think of it lol

I blame everyone here for even entertaining the discussion that Hughton could go.

I blame the management and the players for throwing away the opportunity to beat Blackpool, Stoke & Wigan tbh.

Like it or not, if we want to play in the Premier league we have to get used to the fact slip ups like that (and especially three on the spin) mean that the stories start.  The media effect on football at the top level is massive.

Not saying he should be getting sacked of course.