The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

fucking bullshit is all i've got to say! fucking bullshit! This sort of shit shit makes me paranoid. It makes NO SENSE!!

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ry9uJD0sC5_2uM:http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/fakeearth/chewbacca_defense.jpg&t=1

It's important to remember that the predominant bias among journalists is towards the easiest possible story.  Thus, once a prevailing train of thought - whether or not it's total bullshit is irrelevant - starts to emerge, the easiest story is to frame everything in that context.  That's why you then see - 'Under-fire Hughton' and 'Hughton - under a cloud of doubt -' in almost every story.  They've not done the hard work of verifying whether or not there's any truth to the rumours, just that they exist, and that's good enough.

The club's inept communication skills and history of stupid decisions don't help defuse situations like this either.

Guest Brazilianbob

Take what Crumpy's got to say with a pinch of salt.

Hughton is out of his depth. You'll find I'm rarely wrong.

Thats the nature of football management though, they are all out of their depth at some stage, but good managers learn from their mistakes and I think we are seeing signs that Hughton is doing just that.

As for all this hype about him getting the sack its a completely groundless rumour that is perpetuated by various forums giving it credence.  Just ignore it and it will go away.  I think Hughton has the ability to be a top top manager and I sincerely hope he does so as our manager!

:lol::lol::lol: You're always wrong!

Talksport about to do an hour discussing the useless no mark now.

Who would we realistically replace him with if we got rid who would give us a better chance?

:lol::lol::lol: You're always wrong!

Talksport about to do an hour discussing the useless no mark now.

Who would we realistically replace him with if we got rid who would give us a better chance?

Me

Guest Geordiesned

Listened to a bit on way home from work. Adrian Durham, I think it was, dismissing Hughton getting us promoted last season as "with that squad anyone would have got us up." Strange that as I'm sure he was one of those who said we'd "do a Leeds".

Adrian Durham is the ultimate WUM and really good at his job. Some if the stuff he comes out with is hilarious it's so obvious. I find it much easier to get mad at the thick cunts that bite every single time and continue to fund such a terrible station.

if we lose at home vs mackems we'll have 1 win, 1 draw and 4 defeats from our home games right?

that record is starting / will start to become pressure in itself i'm afraid

NO I'M NOT SAYING SACK HUGHTON BEFORE ANYONE STARTS, JUST ACKNOWLEDGING THE REALITY

The only target for Hughton this season is survival anything else is a bonus and that's what he will be judged on, not a series of results which has us 9th in the league.

Guest firetotheworks

So it's just the media saying that he's under fire because they're saying he's under fire, because they're saying he's under fire and so on?

There should be 50,000 Newcastle fans singing his name at the top of their voices before kick off on Sunday in front of the Sky cameras to give a big f*** off to the press and the bullshit they are printing.

I'm not his biggest fan and I agree with you, we can't let the media decide who is or isn't our manager.  Hughton doesn't deserve the shit that is circulating at the minute; it's pathetic that it's even being reported by idiots with shit for brains.

If I was a reporter I’d be embarrassed if I was reporting this shit as fact.