The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Found myself shouting at the TV during his interview, Shreeves line of questions was horrendous, he's just won his biggest test 5-1 and you're saying how he's favourite to get sacked, usual poor standards from Sky.

yep truly idiotic. kaizero said the norwegian commentators reckoned it was driven by the gambling industry. think they are onto something there, with sky owning their own betting arm they're trying to create revenue from nothing.

He's magic, man. Maintained his dignity in spite of months of speculation. Now he's finally gone out and bought a suit, I'm totally in love with him.

It's rather like he 'got himself a suit out of the wardrobe... of his dad"

He's given us back our dignity. The club feels like it's in good hands again, and I wish Ashley would acknowledge it by letting him have the right hand man he wants instead of sticking short-sightedly to this policy of hiring only from within.

He's given us back our dignity. The club feels like it's in good hands again, and I wish Ashley would acknowledge it by letting him have the right hand man he wants instead of sticking short-sightedly to this policy of hiring only from within.

IF... there's any truth in that... :coolsmiley:

The club are already on record saying they will only appoint from within. Maybe they aren't holding rigidly to that line but it was a daft thing to say in that case.

The club are already on record saying they will only appoint from within. Maybe they aren't holding rigidly to that line but it was a daft thing to say in that case.

I remember them talking in general terms about appointing from within. I don't remember them saying they would ONLY do that.

You only have to look at how shit other so-called better

Managers performed at this club with World class players at their disposal,

To see what a brilliant job hughton is doing. Gullit, souness and allardyce

Aren't fit to lace hughton's boots.

I remember them talking in general terms about appointing from within. I don't remember them saying they would ONLY do that.

:thup:

The actual statement was 'The Board will concentrate on Newcastle United's stability by promoting from within where possible.'.

The actual statement was 'The Board will concentrate on Newcastle United's stability by promoting from within where possible.'.

Was wondering where that had been coming from.

Thought so. Thanks.

Ok that's clearer, my bad. I actually think it's perfectly reasonable to wait until the new year and then re-negotiate, it might prove a problem to hiring a no 2 though if Hughton's future is still in doubt.

Guest Chubby Jason

CH just won over alot of people, alot IMO.

AND SO HE SHOULD.

What he has done, this result or not, is better than any thing fat face bagpuss could ever do.

Be grateful people, very.

Who?

CH just won over alot of people, alot IMO.

AND SO HE SHOULD.

What he has done, this result or not, is better than any thing fat face bagpuss could ever do.

Be grateful people, very.

Not here he hasn't. Most fans didn't need that to be behind him. They always have been.

Don't believe the media. It's 100% their own creation.

The banner was awesome.