The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It' all good going on about how we need to strengthen in January, but I'm pretty sure NUFC is operating at a loss still. Be realistic man.

Hughton said we had capacity to take on another player in the summer, if we still have that capacity...he has now had half the season (jan) to asses the team and see who has been coping well.

I would use that capacity to bring another striker on loan and I would be on the blower to get Krancjar on loan til the end of the season, with a view to buy of course.

We cant have the team stalling when Barton and Tiote are out.

It' all good going on about how we need to strengthen in January, but I'm pretty sure NUFC is operating at a loss still. Be realistic man.

Hughton said we had capacity to take on another player in the summer, if we still have that capacity...he has now had half the season (jan) to asses the team and see who has been coping well.

I would use that capacity to bring another striker on loan and I would be on the blower to get Krancjar on loan til the end of the season, with a view to buy of course.

We cant have the team stalling when Barton and Tiote are out.

I missed the context but did he mean capacity to buy or just wage capacity to bring in a loan?  I doubt we could get a loan in good enough to cover either of them in January and if we got another tiote I'd shit myself.

Not saying we don't have to strengthen, mind, just that the window of opporunity to get better players in might have passed.  Who knows though, Chris is a sly one as no one saw Tiote coming.  Gamble that paid off, once in a lifetime deal or just good scouting?

Stolen from .COM

Aug 2009  Danny Simpson  Manchester United  Loan 

Aug 2009  Fraser Forster  Bristol Rovers  Loan ended

Sep 2009  Peter Lovenkrands  Unattached  Free

Sep 2009  Zurab Khizanishvili  Blackburn Rovers  Loan

Sept 2009  Marlon Harewood  Aston Villa  Loan

Nov 2009  Fabrice Pancrate  Unattached  Trial

Nov 2009  Fabrice Pancrate  Unattached  Free

Jan 2010  Jonny Godsmark  Hereford United  Loan ended

Jan 2010  Danny Simpson  Manchester United  £TBC

Jan 2010  Wayne Routledge  QPR  £TBC

Jan 2010  Mike Williamson  Portsmouth  £TBC

Jan 2010  Fitz Hall  QPR  Loan

Jan 2010  Patrick Van Aanholt  Chelsea  Loan

Feb 2010  Leon Best  Coventry City  £TBC

Feb 2010  Jóan Símun Edmundsson  B68 (Faroe Islands)  Loan tbc

May 2010  Kazenga LuaLua  Brighton  Loan ended

Jul 2010  James Perch  Nottingham Forest  £TBC

Jul 2010  Dan Gosling  Unattached  Free

Jul 2010  Sol Campbell  Unattached  Free

Aug 2010  Cheik Tiote  FC Twente  £TBC

Aug 2010  Billy Knott  unattached  Trial

Aug 2010  Hatem Ben  Arfa  Marseille  Loan

Aug 2010  Nassim Boukhelifa  unattached  Trial

Sep 2010  Yven Moyo  Sochaux  Free

I find this list to be pretty impressive personally considering 1. the amount of money he had to spend and 2. strengthening our weak areas.

To be fair Best didn't look shocking in the Championship with us, he just failed to net a goal. Then you look at pre-season and he was looking a tidy little player that had started to settle.

Blatantly a very average player that got signed as he had hit a bit of a green patch with Coventry at the beginning of the season and other targets had slipped through the net, but you never know, if he hadn't have gotten that injury in pre-season he may have produced a few performances for us in the prem this season.

Tiote and Ben Arfa were great signings. Perch and Best were shockingly bad. I think the jury is out on Hughton's ability to sign good players.

:lol: Only just saw this post. Jesus Christ on a motherfucking bike :lol: Hughton's signings are arguably his best asset so far! Run close by the high morale he's kept in the camp.

Bar signing a striker in the Summer, I think Hughton's transfer policy with the money he has had at his disposal, is the one thing he can't be criticised for. Even Perch (young prospect) and Best (proven Championship goalscorer) had the right logic behind them at the time.

Bar signing a striker in the Summer, I think Hughton's transfer policy with the money he has had at his disposal, is the one thing he can't be criticised for. Even Perch (young prospect) and Best (proven Championship goalscorer) had the right logic behind them at the time.

Perch has been written off far too quickly, but sadly that's quite typical of many on here.

He started steady and played his part in some good performances, his form dipped and anxiety increased as crowd stopped supporting him.

Despite a couple of good games after his return, I see very little between Simpson and Perch. Perch will still play a part this season.

Guest Roger Kint

Can a 25 year old really be a young prospect?  :undecided:

When he's not played higher than Championship, yeah.

Do you have a cut off age? 28? 30?

Can a 25 year old really be a young prospect?  :undecided:

When he's not played higher than Championship, yeah.

Do you have a cut off age? 28? 30?

Probably 25. He's never played at such a high level, and he's relatively 'young' in a footballing respect.

Perch has been written off far too quickly, but sadly that's quite typical of many on here.

He started steady and played his part in some good performances, his form dipped and anxiety increased as crowd stopped supporting him.

Despite a couple of good games after his return, I see very little between Simpson and Perch. Perch will still play a part this season.

I haven't seen Perch have one good game for us.

Personally, I wouldn't praise or condemn Hughton over something he has little say or control over.

Here we go. So who's doing our transfers now? You realise we don't have a 'Director of Football' anymore, right?