The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

sack the t*** NOW

that was an embarassing display of total NON football.  Why is this clueless idiot making the same mistakes over and over again.

Absolutely incompotent management. NO excuses.

fucking hell. We get pissed off with these those called pundits for talking shite and always blaming the fans, then you get comments like this. Difficult to defend us sometimes.

Guest Howaythetoon

Some of his decisions have been poor and some of our results have been unacceptable but if you remove "Newcastle United" away from the equation and what he he as achieved as a first time manager is nothing short of brilliant and for a newly promoted side which has spent next to nothing, where we are at in the table is perfectly acceptable or should be. Today I was very angry, I was thinking "Newcastle United shouldn't be losing to sides like West Brom", then I realised we are very much similar to West Brom outside of our actual name. Newly promoted, new young manager, mixture of players, none top-class, quite a few average etc. and that's when it hits home or should do just where we are at right now as a team, not as club. As a club we are top 6 easily, huge stadium, huge support, rich history etc., but as a side, as a football team, we are just another West Brom and people need to accept that. Thankfully the reactions and thoughts on here don't appear to be the norm in Toon or on match days where the vast majority it would seem appreciate the job Hughton has done and where we are as a FOOTBALL TEAM at the moment. Some of the comments in this thread are a disgrace and an embarrassment. To call for the head of someone who has done our club so proud and done such a good job is SKY TV and Soccer AM tardiness. Have a word for fuck sake. That's not to say we can't criticise him or some of his decisions because we can, but lets get some fucking perspective FFS.

The squad's quite simply not up to it, with a few key players missing we look a different team.

Still though, Hughton has to take his fair share of the blame, as it's his job to motivate the players, and at least have some form of a gameplan.

I know there's a few on here that would be happy to see him gone, I for one don't think Ashley will get rid, but ask yourselves this - would you have any confidence that Ashley would replace him with a better manager? I'd be bricking it personally.

I'm with you on that, we've got as much to lose as we have to gain.

Nobodys disputing Hughton hasn't done a great job.

However he's not above criticism. If he makes errors and I still think playing an unfit and out of form Shola today was a big blooper, then it's right that on forums like this he gets pulled up for his mistakes.

Think people need to remember who actually got us back into this league in a very dark time for this club.

Sure Hughton makes mistakes and repeats them but when you look at the players at his disposal we were hardly going to set the world alight.

We are missing Barton, Ben Arfa, Nolan that would make a much larger impact than Smith, Guthrie and Routledge would in this league. We need to back him as his recent signings have been good and i'm sure picking up quality for peanuts will continue.

We have Arfa, Gosling to come back and I hope the latter is as good as we hope.  The Team should be now built around Tiote, Arfa, Carroll, Gosling. 

Jonas whilst tricky still can't shoot or produce quality chances for others and the same goes for Routledge.  Over the next 2 windows the priority needs to be...

- At least 2 Strikers with pace.

- Wingers that can deliver a quality ball.

- Right-Back.

- Decent Cover for Tiote.

Ashley needs to show some ambition or just fuck off!  Yes he's still a fat cunt!

As much as I don't want us to sack Hughton at this moment in time, you can't deny he has the nasty habit of repeating blatant mistakes.

Go on then, humour me?

The starting Xl should have humoured you. Not to mention the tactic of camping in our half and waiting for the other side to make the first move.

Nobodys disputing Hughton hasn't done a great job.

However he's not above criticism. If he makes errors and I still think playing an unfit and out of form Shola today was a big blooper, then it's right that on forums like this he gets pulled up for his mistakes.

:sadnod:

As much as I don't want us to sack Hughton at this moment in time, you can't deny he has the nasty habit of repeating blatant mistakes.

Go on then, humour me?

The starting Xl should have humoured you. Not to mention the tactic of camping in our half and waiting for the other side to make the first move.

You are talking about the starting 11 again but the only change you would have made was Best for Shola which isn't exactly guaranteed to have made any difference.

Go on then, humour me?

You are talking about the starting 11 again but the only change you would have made was Best for Shola which isn't exactly guaranteed to have made any difference.

We went through this a few hours ago, man.

The fact he kept them behind afterwards in the dressing room for at least an hour speaks volumes. He knows today wasn't good enough and I'm certain he let them know. Fair play.  :clap:

Now to rectify the fact...

How do you he kept them behind?

The fact he kept them behind afterwards in the dressing room for at least an hour speaks volumes. He knows today wasn't good enough and I'm certain he let them know. Fair play.  :clap:

His interview with the BBC was given 1hr 20mins after the final whistle.

Did you miss out a "know" there?

If so it's because Hughton didn't come out for his post match interview until about an hour and 20 minutes after the game and the interviewer questioned him on it.

ah right! Thanks.

ah right! Thanks.

No worries.

ah right! Thanks.

No worries.

your welcome.

Did you miss out a "know" there?

If so it's because Hughton didn't come out for his post match interview until about an hour and 20 minutes after the game and the interviewer questioned him on it.

The players locked him in the toilet on the bus tbh.