The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Despite all the previous rumours, this is the first time I've actually felt like Hughton's sacking could happen.  Hope it doesn't, but it feels a bit ominous.

Agreed. Something is up, it better not be Pardew.  :facepalm:

i'm not hughton's biggest fan, but looking at the situation pragmatically i'd give him a contract for a couple of years.

first of all we're not going to get anyone significantly better. if hughton goes it is yet another sign that Ashley is trigger happy, unpredictable and ungrateful and few managers will want to work for him. and as we saw last time, when ashley refused to give Venables a medium term contract, we'd be left with another JFK.

Secondly i reckon Hughton needs the extra credibility and authority that being tenured would bring him, especially if rumours of training ground indiscipline are true. no other manager in the league is having to come out and say that senior players dont pick the side - it's a sign a weakness that hughton has to come out and say this in the first place. and furthermore a contract would enable him to confidently go out and sign the backroom staff and new players that we need - assistants, or fitness coaches, or star strikers, are going to think twice about coming here if hughton's always a couple of weeks from leaving.

and fuck, even if we do go down, hughton now has experience of that particular situation.

i'm not saying he's the one to lead us to glory and should be given a 5 year contract, as for me there's still doubts as to his overall ability. but for the short to medium term we have to stick with him as there's no other option.

Would be absolutely farcical if Ashley didn't renew Hughton's contract after everything that has happened. The club needs stability right now and Hughton has laid the foundation and is on course to achieving that. I'm not too worried because I believe this is all media nonsense as usual and I just cannot accept that Ashley would make yet another catastrophic mistake because no-one could be that stupid.

Not really wishing to add to the silliness but I'd rather have Pardew than O'Neill.

To take it to a totally insane level some macums are concerned that we may be lining up Bruce.

One Chrissy Hughton, one Chrissy Hughton.....................................

Not really wishing to add to the silliness but I'd rather have Pardew than O'Neill.

To take it to a totally insane level some macums are concerned that we may be lining up Bruce.

what :kasper:

dear god i hope not

Guest Roger Kint

If this happens(not that i expect it but wouldnt put it past the stupid twat) it will at least solve my problem of renewing my season ticket after the 3 year deal ends :thdn:

what :kasper:

dear god i hope not

At least there'd be no relocation expenses, as like most of sundlund's staff he already lives in Newcastle. :iamatwat:

Bruce wouldn't leave the Mackems to come here.